5

Chapter 5

*2 weeks later*

"Yeah, and then she almost put it up my nose." Niall explained, causing us all to laugh at his ridiculous story.

"You have the weirdest encounters ever." I said, laughing at him.

He shrugged. "I know right."

He began to tell us another story and everyone watched him intently. Except for me and well...Harry. He was too busy looking at me again.

I glared at him, getting fed up with the stares.

He blinked rapidly and quickly looked away from me.

I sighed. What is his deal? It's starting to make me uncomfortable the number of times I'd catch him looking at me.

We were done with our food now and Harry and I were walking back to our dorm quietly.

I tried to unlock the door but stopped. "Harry, stop it. I can feel you breathing on me."

"First, you don't want me looking at you. Now, you're tell me to stop breathing? You need help." He replied.

I turned around, noticing how close his body was. "I-I-I-just stop it. Whatever this.." I said pointing between us. "..is. It isn't going to happen."

He nodded. "Okay, never said it was."

I glared at him. "Then stop acting like it."

He raised a brow. "How am I? All I'm doing is look at you, which I don't see a problem with. You are nice to look at."

I felt my cheeks warm up. "This is exactly what I mean. Why are you saying that? Aren't we friends?"

He nodded. "Yeah, but I'm not blind. I know true beauty when I see it." He said looking at me with that intense look again.

I turned around, not wanting to get sucked into his eyes. I unlocked the door and walked in.

I was about to scurry off to my room but Harry grabbed my hand gently. "Hey, can we talk?" He asked.

I let go of his hand. "Why?"

"What do you mean why? You just said we're friends. Friends need a reason to speak?"

I didn't respond, knowing he had a point. "Okay, this is serious though." He said, walking to the couch. He patted the spot next to him, waiting for me to sit.

I sat down and waited for him to speak. He turned to me, locking his eyes with mine. "So, about your uh memory. Have you ever tried to...reconnect with your past?"

I nodded. "Uh, yeah. I tried but it's difficult when you don't know where to start. Or where to look. It's like everyone from my old life vanished. I don't remember high school at all. My friends, the memories, graduation." I felt my eyes start to water.

"Ever time I think about it my heart gets heavy but my mind goes blank. It's like my heart knows something is wrong but my brain is too stupid to realize what it is. I'm so dumb." I said, looking down.