best friends? or more

This is a Fred one! 

Year: 6 

House: Gryffindor 

*** 

"Come in!" Molly Weasely invited me and my younger sister, Hermione, into her lovely house. It took forever but we finally convinced our parents to let us spend the remaining few weeks of summer at the Weasely house. Our parents are friends with the Weasley's but they were hoping to spend more time with us. I felt bad but I really missed seeing magic at places. 

"Thank you so much for having us," Hermione said to her and I nodded. "Oh, no problem. 2 more is nothing. Thank god, you are girls though," she said and we chuckled. 

I saw Fred fooling around with George and my feelings for him came back. 

Stop it, Miley. Get a hold of yourself. You 2 are friends- nothing more and will only be friends. He doesn't like you that way and never will. 

"Hey Miles," Fred said grabbing me in for a side hug that indicated friend zone. "Hey Fred," I said and George and I greeted each other. 

Hermione and I got unpacked in the room we are sharing with Ginny and went around saying hi to everyone else. 

"Ok, I'll be with Fred and George. Don't cause any trouble," I tell Hermione. "I'm in year 3, trust me, I'll be fine. It's you we should be worried about," Hermione said and I realized she was right. 

I'm the troublemaker out of the two of us. I'd blame the twins for being a bad influence on me but I was always the prankster growing up. 

*** 

"Whatcha guys up to?" I ask the boys once I found them outside. "Mum made us do chores," George grumbled and I scoffed. "She says you have to help us," Fred said and my face fell. 

"But gnome work is so hard," I sputtered. "She said your the strongest," Fred said with a shrug and George had a questioning look on his face. 

Oh. 

"Oh really, does she really think that?" I said smiling sweetly. Fred paused from doing his work and looked at me. "No, I do," he said blurting out and snapped his mouth shut. George and I burst out laughing. 

"How do you always do that?" Fred muttered going back to doing his chores. 

I have a gift of getting people to tell blurt out what their thinking. It's not a magical gift but if you use it right it can be pretty powerful. I always use it on Fred & sometimes my other friends.

"Ok, but do I really have any chores?" I said getting a little serious. "Because I feel terrible for just coming here and not doing any work. That would make me-" I started talking pretty fast.

"Miles, your like family," Fred said which stung a little bit, making me flinch a little. "Of course you have to do chores," George finished for him and I sighed. "Let me go help in the kitchen," I said with a groan and went inside. 

*** 

"Blimey, Miles, you're an amazing cook," Fred said with a moan as he got seconds. "Thank you," I said. Mrs. Weasely let me make dinner because she was busy with other things. Since I'm underage to use magic outside of Hogwarts, I had to actually make finner which was fine by me because I made dinner at home with no magic use. 

"Do you always cook or was this your first time?" Mr. Weasely asked. "I always did," I said and took a bite of my food. It tasted amazing, not gonna lie. 

"Mum and dad were always busy with work so Miley usually made dinner or lunch for us," Hermione elaborated. I always had a thing for cooking but it was a secret. Only Hermione knew.