lillian snape

House- Slytherin

Year- 5

***

"Lillian!" Snape called me.

"Yes, dad?" I asked.

We were in Potions- with Gryffindor and yes... Snape is my father.

He's not a bitch to me like he is for the Gryffindors so yeah... that's good.

"What can control a werewolf to not go completely berserk?" he asked. He could probably tell I wasn't paying attention but didn't call me out for that like he did to Potter last class.

"Some potion that you make? Like the one you've been making for Lupin a few years ago," I said recalling having Lupin as our Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. It was a pity he had to leave when his secret got out when my dad let it slip. He was actually a good teacher but Moody isn't that bad.

"Correct. 10 points to Slytherin," he said proudly and I smirked.

Then I went back to zoning out.

***

Cheers erupted the classroom and I was back into reality.

"Huh? What happened, dad?" I asked him.

"Lillian- you need to start paying attention," he said then shushed the class down.

"As I was saying, the Yule Ball will be held next week. Dates are allowed," he said and I shrugged.

"I might not go," I said to Pansy who was my partner.

"Yes, you are," my dad answered before Pansy could argue with me.

"What?" I asked.

"Class dismissed," he said then turned back to me.

"It is important for the Professor's sons and daughters to attend the Yule Ball," he informed.

"But your the only staff member with a daughter attending school," I protested. "Yes. and you have been handing homework in late so this will be your punishment," he said trying not to smile and I groaned and left his classroom.

***

"Oh, thank god!" Pansy sighed once I told her, Draco, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle what my dad just told me.

"Um, how exactly is that good? I don't want to go," I tell her. "Yeah, but you should. This is a one-time thing, Lily," she said and I flinched.

My dad thought of the name Lillian for me because he used to love Potter's mum- Lily. Only he could call me Lily though. I don't tell others not to call me that so it's kind of my fault I flinch when they do.

It's just weird, ok? Give me a break.

Draco noticed me flinch and gave me a weird look. I decided to ignore it- no one knows who my father named me after and I want to keep it that way.

He doesn't know that I know the history about him and Lily- and I want to keep it that way.

"I can't wait to do your hair and makeup," Pansy said, chattering on and on about what we're going to wear.

"Dates!" she said suddenly;ly making me choke on my water.

Draco patted me on the back and didn't stop until I assured him I was fine.

"What- do you- mean, dates?" I sputtered.

"I know some boys that asked me about you," she said slyly and Draco and I exchanged weird looks.

"I have someone in mind," I told her firmly and went back to eating my lunch before I lost my appetite.

***

"Who?" Draco and Blaise shouted after me once lunch was over.

"Not telling," I sang and smirked.

"Oh, come on! We're your best friends," Draco whined and I frowned.

"Just kidding- he might be but we all know we're much more than friends," he whispered so Blaise wouldn't hear.

"You want to go to the Yule Ball with me, Lillian?" he asked me loudly for everyone to hear.

"Sure, why not," I said casually even though I was kind of dying inside.

This boy knows how to make me freak out.

Everyone around us gasped and the news traveled like wildfire.

"Wait till dad hears about this," I murmured to Draco.

We were going to Charms- our last class of the day.

"At least your not going with a Gryffindor, I think he'll live," he said with a grin as I took my seat in class. I shrugged, figuring he was right about that.

***

"Malfoy, stay with me once class is over," my dad said to Draco.

It was the next day- I hadn't talked to my dad once classes were over.

I'm guessing he found out about who I'm going to the Yule Ball with.

Draco just shrugged and nodded.

I decided to linger outside to hear their conversation- just in case. You know how dads can be, and mine is no exception.

Once the bell rang and my dad dismissed us, I told Pansy and Blaise to go ahead and waited right outside to hear their conversation.

"I heard an interesting thing a few lessons ago," he started.

"I know you know that Lilian and I are going to the ball together. I know you're going to tell me to back off but I can't. I waited too long and I really like her- I love her and I'm not going to go with anyone else," Draco started and my keens buckled.

I didn't know he felt that way for a long time.

I peered into the classroom.

My dad looked taken aback.

"Ver- very well then," he said and I sighed.

I love you too, Malfoy.

***

This one was short but the next one gets a little... interesting. The idea for the next one came to me in the middle of the night and it might make no sense if it doesn't just skip it.

No need to hate.

<3