rita skeeter's new scoop pt. 3

"Meet me at Three Broomsticks," Cedric whispers in my ear. We were about to leave for our trip to Hogsmeade. I nodded and caught up to KC.

It's been a day since I agreed to be Cedric's girlfriend and we decided to make it a secret because I didn't want any attention at the current moment and he was getting enough as is.

"You ok? You've barely been talking to us since the time you stormed off two days ago," KC remarked. "I'm fine," I said looking down at my hands.

"I have to go meet someone," I said quickly to KC once we neared The 3 Broomsticks. I left before she could ask any of her annoying questions.

"Hey," I said to Cedric once I spotted him. He was alone too which was good because we were worried someone would want to tag along.

"Let's grab a booth at the back," he said and handed me a butterbeer.

"So, are you ready for the fir-" I began but someone interrupted me.

"Ah, our third Hogwarts champion," Rita Skeeter said and sat down next to me uninvited.

Cedric and I exchanged nervous glances.

We both know how she spills fake news and how everyone buys it except the ones who see through her words.

"Time for a quick interview?" she asked.

"I'm kind of- busy," Cedric said awkwardly.

"Perfect," she smiled showing a few yellow teeth. She got out the quick-notes thing she uses to write her fake words.

"He told you- he's busy," I said thinking of the times she manipulated my parents a few years ago. She also spread fake rumors about KC last year.

"Let me guess, you're the last of the Garcia's," she says to herself. She said it like it was some disgusting thing.

"And your the annoying reporter who spreads lies," I hissed.

The pub was quiet and I could feel everyone's eyes on me and her.

Rita scanned me and Cedric and smirked to herself.

"Lies, you say? Very well," she said and left with the man behind the camera.

"You shouldn't have done that, Kimberly," Cedric said to me with concern. "Let her at me, I have nothing to hide," I said and cringed realizing Cedric and mine's situation.

"She spread false rumors about my family," I interrupted Cedric when he was trying to point out our situation.

"Just don't be mad at me when you see tomorrow's paper," he muttered and I rolled my eyes. "You're being naive, calm down," I tell him with a grin.

***

"KIMBERLY MARIA GARCIA!" Cedric shouted waking me up. "What?" I said trying to match his loud voice but failed miserably.

"Look at this- look at this!" he said and gave me the Daily Prophet.

"Ugh, it's too early for this," KC said with a groan.

Sofie, however, woke up and read the paper out loud.

"Cedric Diggory- Hogwarts champion- spotted with Fleur Delacour- a champion from a rival school. Are the two champions in love?" she said and gaped at Cedric.

"It's a lie!" he protested. "She's spreading more lies because Kimberly snapped at her," Cedric said angrily.

"The boys were coming at me for not telling them," he grumbled. "Oh, come on, Ced. It's not that big of a deal," I said assuring him by wrapping my arms around him.

"Everyone's on my tail- and Fleur! She's not even denying it," he said with an angry tone that it's rare for him to use. "Ced, calm down! It's just some stupid rumor," I said again.

"She's just some irrelevant bitch who wants attention," Sofie said surprising us with her choice of words. Sofie and I rarely cussed and when one of us did you can tell we were pissed.

"Exactly, just let it go," I said calmly.

"Now leave so we can get ready for breakfast," KC said with a scowl. She was being moody because her sleep was cut short.

***

"Can I have a word with Cedric?" Fleur asked in her cute French accent. "He's there," I said nodded my head towards him. He was eating glumly while his friends were asking him questions with excited expressions on their faces.

I saw her walking him and looked away when Cedric caught my eye.

"Do you think they are dating?" KC asked. "Maybe," Hannah shrugged. KC looked at me to answer.

"I mean he was pissed when he saw the article," I said. "Yeah, I don't think they're together," Sofie agreed.

"She thinks so," KC said nodded towards Cedric and Fleur. She was flirting with him, throwing her hair back every few seconds. Cedric was talking to her, unbothered by her smiles and her hair.

"Yeah, she's lowkey flirting," Hannah said with a smirk. "They're kinda cute together not gonna lie," she added which made me choke on my water.

Sofie patted me on the back while I coughed and coughed.

"Sorry, just ch-choked," I said once I recovered. KC and Hannah exchanged weird looks probably about me but I ignored them.

Cedric made his way to me. "Took forever to get away from her," he grumbled to me and I smirked.

"Anyways, I need to talk to you," Cedric said pulling me away from my friends before I could answer.

"What's up?" I ask innocently. "You know what's up! Get her away from me," Cedric said with a frown. "Fleur? But she seems very interested in you," I said with a grin.

"But I'm already in love with someone," he says with another grin.

We were outside the Great Hall and hidden from everyone.

"Same, I'm in love with a fictional character from one of my books," I tell him smugly, and before I could leave he pulled me close to him.

"Well, I'm in love with you," he said and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back but we pulled apart after a few seconds.

"See you later, Ced," I said then walked off to find KC.

"What did he want?" KC asked once we found our seats in Charms. "Nothing interesting," I tell her, getting my wand and book out. She raised an eyebrow at me but I ignored her and focused on Professor Flitwick.

Ok, guess we're making a part 4

<3