rita skeeter's new scoop pt. 4

Day of the first task

"Good luck, Ced," I whispered to Cedric. It was the day of the first task and Cedric and I have been going over multiple spells to prepare him for it. Harry told him it was dragons and at first, he was suspicious but after I told him to listen to Harry, he gave in.

"Thanks," he whispered back and pulled away from me to get dressed.

KC, Hannah, and Sofie went to catch up on their homework so they were at the common room, and Cedric and I were having our precious private time in my dormitory.

***

"Let's go and get seats before the good ones are taken," Hannah said once we ate our breakfast. We followed everyone else to the stands and Cedric was lead away by Bagman who looked very excited. "Where's-" I began but saw Harry talking to Hermione.

"Never mind," I said once Sofie asked me what I was about to say.

I don't know why I'm on Harry's side. I think it's because there are always false rumors about him which makes me relate because Rita's always out to destroy my family. She and my mum apparently weren't on good terms when they were teenagers.

Mum and dad never bothered telling me and KC why though. We asked and asked but got the same firm "no" at the end.

"Look, Cedric's first," Sofie said with a gasp and I looked to where she was pointing. The chanting died down as we saw what Cedric was going to be doing.

Bagman announced saying Cedric had to get past the dragon and collect the golden egg.

After 15 minutes, Cedric managed to get the egg and I could finally breathe again.

"I'll be right back," I muttered to Sofie but she was too busy cheering with KC and Hannah. I made my way down the stands so I could go to Cedric.

"Cedric!" I said once I was inside the tent. Madam Pomfrey was fussing with him because of the scorch marks the dragon gave him.

She went to go over to Fleur who was also burned but not as bad as Cedric.

"Hey babe," I said.

He grinned when he saw me. "You were amazing," I tell him.

"Thanks, babe," he said with a smirk.

"I better go- KC might be looking for me," I said and give him a quick kiss before leaving.

***

The next morning

"KIMBERLY GARCIA!" KC's loud voice woke me up.

"What the fuck do you want?" I moaned. I was tired. Everyone was celebrating Cedric's win and we all went to sleep late.

"What- is- this?" she said and Hannah and Sofie appeared behind her. SHe handed me the daily prophet and I saw it.

"Cedric the cheater?" I said and laughed.

It was a video of the short kiss I gave Cedric before leaving.

"It's saying how Cedric's cheating on FLuer with you and how you won't leave him alone," Hannah said.

"You actually believe this rubbish?" I asked them and they shook their head. I know Sofie won't believe it but KC and Hannah...

"Of course we don't," KC said and we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in, Ced," I said knowing it's him.

"This is stupid," Hannah said once Cedric vented his feelings about the paper.

"Whatever, as long as you guys believe us," I said.

Idk if I should continue this... if you want me too I can just comment!

<3