always wanted you

Year- 4

House- Gryffindor

enjoy <3

***

"Want to be my date to the Yule Ball?" Seamus Finnigan asked Lavender Brown. "Yes!" she said and once he left with a smile on his face, Lavender and Parvati Patil squealed.

"Ugh, I just want someone to ask me," I whined for the hundredth time today. Ever since the Yule Ball was announced (just yesterday actually), I was hoping someone would ask me.

"Xander from Ravenclaw asked you yesterday and I know you said no," Hermione said. "Who told you?" I asked her. "Everyone knows," she said and went back to doing her Potions homework which was due a month from now.

"You just want Malfoy to ask you, don't you?" she said his name as if it was poison. "No," I lied but she just shook her head. Hermione is the only one that knows about my crush on Draco Malfoy. "It's not even a crush- I'm just attracted to him," I hissed, defending myself. "Whatever you say," Hermione answered and I groaned.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked her. "No, I only know because I'm your closest friend," she said thoughtfully and I felt better instantly. "Besides no one really notices you and how you interact with him," she added.

"Good and it better stay that way,"

***

"Hey, Aubrey! Do you have a date for the Yule Ball!" Kevin Milks, one of Cedric Diggory's friends asked me during lunch.

"Why?" I asked even though I knew.

I saw Draco looking at us from the corner of my eye.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go with me," he said and I cringed inside. I liked Kevin- but only as a friend. We fooled around during Herbology. "Oh, um, I'm going with someone," I lied. I saw the disappointment in his eyes but he recovered. "Who?" he asked and I froze.

"She's going with me," Draco said coming to my rescue. I almost fainted.

"Yeah," I said playing along.

"Bloody hell!" Ron said. "Did you know about this?" he asked Hermione who denied it. She gave me a questioning look but I just shrugged.

"Sorry," I said and Kevin said it's alright and left with his friends.

"So, are we going to the Yule Ball?" I asked Draco. "Do you want to?" he said. "Sure," I replied and he smiled.

***

"Well, that was interesting," Hermione said. We were on our way to Potions. "It was stupid," Harry said. "Why are you going with him," Ron added.

"Hey, the heart wants what it wants," I said with a shrug.

***

"Today class, we will be learning about Amortentia," Snape said once class started. He didn't even have to quiet us down, the mere presence of him did the job.

"Can someone tell me what Amortentia is?" he asked. Hermione was the only one with her hand up and as usual, he ignored her.

"Draco," he said.

"It's the most powerful love potion in the world," Draco simply replied. I turned to look at him to find his eyes already on me. I turned back around before anyone- especially Snape- could see our little exchange.

"Because of the Yule Ball, I thought we could learn about Amortentia instead of the uses for unicorn blood," Snape said once he told Draco he was correct.