rita skeeter's new scoop pt. 2

"Ms. Garcia, can you do me a quick favor?" Professor McGonagall said getting my attention. Since KC wasn't near I figured she was talking to me.

"Ok," I reply.

"Can you get Mr. Diggory. We have to do the wand weighing ceremony," she said briskly and I nodded.

I forgot Cedric had Divination right now and sighed. I made my way up to the classroom and knocked.

Hannah opened the door for me.

"Um, Cedric is needed for the wand weighing ceremony," I said, my anxiety rising.

I had major anxiety when it came to talking in front of the class.

"Ok," Professor Trelawney said and dismissed Cedric.

KC winked at me but I chose to ignore her.

"The what now?" Cedric asked when it was just the two of us. "Wand weighing ceremony," I said with a shrug.

He shrugged back and before we could near the corridor where it was being held, he pulled me aside.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yup," I said looking him in the eye.

"Sorry, I've been distant, I've-" I began but he cut me off by kissing me on the forehead.

"Go back to class, I can take it from here," he whispered and I nodded.

I entered Transfiguration with a blush on my face.

"Let me guess, there was no wand weighing thing and you two finally smashed!" KC squealed.

"Finally! The sexual tension was too much for me," Hannah squealed.

Sofie dropped her books and I helped her pick them up.

"Guys, nothing happened," I told them seriously.

There was no way I was telling about the small kiss.

"Damn it," Hannah and KC growled. "Let them take things slowly," she said and I rolled my eyes.

"What things? There is nothing going on," I said for the billionth time.

They obviously didn't believe me.

***

Lunch

"How was the ceremony?" Hannah asked Cedric once he entered the Great Hall. "Boring," he shrugged. "They just made sure our wands worked," he said pulling his wand out.

"Oh, so Kim was telling the truth," KC's face fell. "Huh?" he asked and I made haste to change the subject.

"Look at the variety of food," I said grabbing some macaroons for me. I spotted Harry coming in with Hermione both looking glum.

I made my way to them.

"Hey, Harry, how are you feeling?" I asked feeling stupid. Everyone was throwing glares at him believing he put his name on purpose but I have a feeling he didn't.

"You believe Harry right?" Hermione asked. "Of course," I said.

"Thanks," he mumbled and I decided to leave them alone because things were going awkward.

"I don't think he put his name in it either," Cedric said to me when I sat down next to him. "It's weird isn't it?" I ask him and he shrugs.

He has enough to worry about, I'm not going to drag him into this. My instinct tells me not to get into this drama either but I can't help but be curious.

"Kim-ber-ly!" KC says making me jump. "What?" I scowl.

"Weren't you listening? Some student from Durmstrang was wondering about you," Hannah said, stirring her soup. "Who?" I ask, curious all of a sudden.

I know they're lying and playing with me so I decide to play along.

"Krum's friend," KC said. "Liar," I muttered and Cedric raised his eyebrow, looking at me.

"It's true, he came up to me after Potions and asked me if you were seeing anyone," Cedric said.

I glared at all of them- Cedric, KC, Hannah, and Sofie.

"Wow, even you would stoop that low and pretend that someone likes me when we all know nobody does," I said with a glare to Cedric.

He looks surprised but I storm away from them.

This isn't the first time KC played a prank on me saying a student liked me. She told me a Ravenclaw was asking about me a few years ago and I too gullible and I fell for it. I shuddered at the terrible memories and how embarrassed I was as I walked in anger to our common room.

"Helga," I tell the portrait who was guarding. "Wrong password," she said. "What? But that was the password this morning," I said.

"Sorry, your here stuck for a while," she said with a shrug and I scowled.

"It's Zonko's," Cedric said and I could tell he had been running. "Correct," she said and I scowled at her again.

"It's true, you know," Cedric said following me into my dormitory. "Sorry, what?" I asked, playing dumb.

"He likes you," he said with a scowl. "Why are you mad at me?" I ask him taken aback. "I'm not mad at you- I'm just mad you had to be so... likable," he said and I chuckled.

"What? It's true, I like you, ok?" he said coming closer to me. "I know," I said with a smirk suddenly feeling bold.

I was usually the shy and naive type.

Now I was on top of him kissing him and having his hands explore me.

"Cedric!" I said pulling apart and he gave me a questioning look. "Sorry, it was all of a sudden," I explained. "It's ok," he said wrapping his arms around me. I snuggled closer to him, embracing the warmth he gave me.

"Would you be my girlfriend?" Cedric blurted out all of a sudden. "If you- if you want to- I'm not- forcing you," he stuttered and I grinned.

"I'll be your girlfriend," I said then kissed him.

***

Made this part shorter

<3