7| Assigned Duties

"When you are apart of something bigger than your self, any small contribution matters."

__________________________________________________

VOSHÉLLISA'S P.O.V

I was taken to the labs where a metal chip was placed inside my skin on my upper arm. The chip was known as the family's crest, it kept your location in check, monitors your vitals so they know if you are in danger or being kidnapped. It also sends information waves directly to the brain.

Therefore, each person had complete secrecy in their missions. The family crest was a symbol of loyalty which meant with every protection there was also room for defense or punishment of needs be. It might sound stupid to some but it really is that way. The monitoring of vitals can also detect if a family member is being dishonest or disloyal. The crest can also send a shock voltage to the brain that will temporarily immobilize it's host.

Ofcourse I would love that particular feature as my job would be extremely easier.

All I would need to do is be disloyal or deceptive and bomb...... I AM DEAD!!!

Excitement was surging through my veins and I was more anxious than I should be for someone whose death was close at hand.

"Voshéllisa, please wait in the conference hall for the Boss to address you on your position and location of operation" The labatory technician informed me after my crest was successfully installed and tested.

"What about my tattoo?" I asked with disappointment laced in my voice. I even added a little pouting to paint a clear picture of the emotion I was now experiencing.

"You, my friend, are indeed a lucky girl. You get to be tatted by the Boss' personal artist" He exclaimed with sparkly eyes.

Shit.

Poor thing was really awe struck and he truly believed that I was lucky.

What a laugh.

_

_

When I arrived at the conference hall, Lorenzio was already there waiting along with an unfamiliar face.

"Hello your Grace, how has your day been??" I greeted casually with absolutely noooo ill intent or ill-will.

"You continuously insist to make a mockery of me right?" Lorenzio sneered at me.

"Whatever have I done wrong now boss?"

"The titles you keep addressing me by. I am just the Papa of the family and even that is too weird for me because I am not old as yet"

"My apologies boss, it's just that you act so high and mighty that I thought you would appreciate those royal titles" I smiled cutely.

"Well, I don't. And you are welcome to stop it right now" He said in a stern and unmoving tone.

He was just exciting me and didn't even know it.

"Is this the sassy one you were speaking about Lorenzio?" The unknown face queried.

"Actually I am the one who just wants to die" I said chirpily.

"Yes, she is the one Roberto" Lorenzio said to the new guy and they both completely ignored me and my comment.

They both went on chattering for a while as if I wasn't there.

Well all the chattering was mainly done by the unknown guy. Lorenzio just agreed or shook his head throughout most of the conversation. He didn't seem to be the talkative type yet he would chatter and lecture me on end when we were talking.