11| Among Us

"Sometimes you won't be able to tell the real from the fake; even wolves sometimes wear sheep's clothing"

__________________________________________________

LORENZIO'S P.O.V

"Why haven't you called in two months??!!" She yelled into the speakers.

"This is a matter of urgency and I requested an audience with you over two months ago. I cannot believe the lackadaisical attitude you have."  She had all right to be upset but I was busy.

Quite frankly it was my fault to begin with because I spoilt her with calls atleast once a week before in an effort to 'keep tabs on her progress'. Regardless of the reason she was expecting my call.

"Please be reminded that I am in charge of the largest famiglia on the continent and I have over ten thousand men and their families to account for" I said in a dismissive tone.

"Furthermore I have been carefully overseeing the rebuilding of the damaged safe houses and also installing new modifications. There will be some changes at your safe house as well." I informed her calmly, giving her a solid explanation.

"Anywaysssss....." I said when I remembered the reason I called.

I was suddenly baffled at how she screamed that she needed to contact me because of something extremely important and the moment I call she finds time to complain.

"Thought you told Teo that there was something important in which you needed to tell me, Is my father dead?" I asked. I sounded a bit too hopeful and excited that I prayed she didn't catch on to it.

In fact, knowing her, even if she caught unto it she would've ignored it until she thought it necessary to bring up.

Apparantly now wasn't the time....

She was automatically more poised and her tone changed in almost an instant. I barely recognised the person I was speaking to. I was beaming with pride at the spectacle I had created. She was strong and resilient and dependable.

Which reminds me, a congratulations is in order for her in managing to hold down the forte of the entire safe house without losing anyone and still doing her duties. I read the reports and I was completely taken aback by how she handled the situation. What was really surprising is that she carried out her task immaculately with no given tools or weapons, she just improvised all the way through.

Even the sour old troll commented on her performance, he himself was impressed by her.

That says alot.

_

_

"I need you to come here alone" She whispered into the phone.

What?

Was she afraid of something?

Was there something that happened that she failed to report or -

"Are you afraid?" I asked and regretted it the instant it left my mouth.

"Are you crazy, you know I jump at the thought of death. I just can't tell you what you need to hear over the phone. I don't trust these devices" She laughed and mocked me but there was a certain sincerety to the last part which she said quietly that I decided to take the chance.