Chapter 17

Peter POV

"Are you sure you are ok? You were just dead for like 10 minutes," Meg asked me and I laughed. We were in the treehouse now, and I was sitting on her hammock. I was holding my pipe in my hand and was turning it between my fingers. I haven't used this thing since I brought all the lost boys here. Man I wanted to blow it and make the music it possesses, but I knew Meg wouldn't hear it.
Meg was standing stove and heating up a bowl of soup for her and I to share. The treehouse was just the way we left it. The chairs were the exact way we left them, the smell was the same, and hammock still has that warm feeling.

"No Meg I'm fine, I really am." I chuckled.

I saw her smile but she kept stirring the soup so it wouldn't burn. The soup cracked and popped. I saw some fly out of the pot.

"Ow!" Meg gasped and dropped the spoon. It rattled as it fell to the ground.

"Are you ok?" I asked and hopped up from the hammock and rushed to her side.

"Yea it just burned me." She took a breath in and held it.

Meg POV

"Here come wash it off." Pan lead me by the arm to the sink. He turned the sink on and made sure it was cold before gently letting it run over my burn mark. I looked up at his caring eyes and smiled. I felt him rub his warm thumb over my hand as he rubbed the water into the burn. I don't know if it was the water or Pan, but it made it feel better.

"Thanks." I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

He smiled at me as he turned the water off. He handed me a towel and I dried my hands off.

"What's that?" I asked and gestured towards the pipe.

"It's an old thing I used to play with." Pan smiled in embarrassment.

"Can you play it for me?" I asked and smiled my pleading smile.

"I don't know it's old and I haven't played it in a while." Peter rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ppplleeaasseeee....." I begged.

Pan walked over to the table and slowly picked up the pipe. He turned to face me and gave me a look.

"Please Peter..." I smiled.

He grunted and put the pipe to his lips. I clutched my fist in anticipation.
I saw Pans cheeks swell up as he blew air into the pipe. I was expecting beautiful music, but no sound was coming out.

"I don't hear anything..." I chuckled.

Pans expression became flat as he said, "yea I told you it was old," and he put it back down on the table. He looked.......disappointed......sad even?

"What's wrong?" I asked him as we walked back over to my side.

"What? Nothing.." Pan shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I know something is wrong," I said and rested my head against his shoulder.

"It's nothing Meg don't worry about it." Peter smiled the most fake smile I have ever seen.

"Oh come on Peter." I laughed at his ridicules expression.

He couldn't help but chuckled.

"But please tell me what's wrong." I said.

"It's just that....that pipe possess magical properties and only certain people can hear it." Pan finally admitted.

"Well who can hear it and who can't?" I asked curiously.