Introduction

"Aspen Hale"

Professor McGonagall shouted into the swarm of small first years as they looked around in awe, taking everything in. 

A small brunette girl with bright hazel eyes and a cute face stepped forward, all attention on her as she slipped onto the stool, waiting for the sorting hat to be placed on her head. 

"Hmm... You're very smart... I see, not bad. Ambitious, determined, and cunning too. I know just where to put you... SLYTHERIN!"

The sorting hat exclaimed out to the vast sea of witches and wizards in different uniforms based on their houses. There was Hufflepuff, which stood for loyalty, Ravenclaw, which stood for wisdom, Gryffindor, which stood for bravery, and Slytherin, which represented ambition. 

The Slytherin table shouted and cheered for their new recruit. Aspen's wide smile earned another from a first year sitting next to her. His sharp silver eyes and slight smirk on his pale, sneering face and platinum blonde hair. 

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said, offering her his hand in a hand shake. 

"Aspen, Aspen Hale." Aspen kindly replied, surprised when he leaned down to kiss her hand, earning a cute blush from her. 

---------------

"Lillian Rose"

A sweet yet mischievous looking girl with teal eyes and sandy blonde shoulder length hair stepped out of the crowd of first years and smiled widely as she stepped onto the stool. 

"Another great mind, keen and resourceful. You will be a great leader someday. The best house to put you in is... SLYTHERIN!"

Lillian happily skipped off towards the excited Slytherin table, another bright, cheery smile was placed on her kind face. She sat in a seat next to a short, black haired second year. The second year looked at her with a warm smile. 

"Welcome to Slytherin. My name's Vivid Chapman." The second year said proudly, playing with one strand of dyed green hair. "But you can call me Vivi."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Lillian Rose. But my friends call me Lilli." Lillian said, extending her hand to shake. Vivid met her hand with her own, greeting the small first year. 

---------------

"Ember McClain"

A bitter faced girl with a sour expression walked forward to sit on the stool. She had long, black hair that curled in waves and was taller than the rest of the first years. As she walked up, a large black cat with dazzling blue eyes followed, trying to keep up with its owner's long strides. 

"Oh, yes, another McClain. Your brother grew up to be a fantastic wizard! But you, you are self-preservative and clever. You would defiantly do best in... SLYTHERIN!"

Once again, the Slytherin table shouted and whooped for their newest member. She plopped down next to a tan girl with a bad bowl-cut and equally bitter expression. 

"Pansy Parkinson." The girl said to Ember, giving her a faint smile. 

"Ember McClain. I can see we'll be great friends." Ember replied to the other first year. "I hope so too." Pansy said with a smirk, turning back to the other first years sorting. 

---------------

"Mya Madranette"

A petite, skinny girl popped forward, concern and fear etched onto her face. She hopped on the stool and sat up tall, trying to look confident. 

"A creative mind! I see... logical and intelligent too. I know just where to put you... RAVENCLAW!

The short, black haired girl hopped off the stool and meekly walked toward the cheering Ravenclaw table. The magical, floating candles gleaming off her pig-tailed hair, making it seem as if it was almost a dark blue color. 

She slid into an empty spot on the left side of the table. Even as she sat, the rest of the table greeted and introduced themselves to her. 

---------------

"Dove Copper"

A tall, athletic girl stepped forward and slid onto the chair. She was concerned, but then again, every first year was during the sorting. 

Professor McGonagall lightly placed the sorting hat on Dove's head, causing her to flinch a bit. 

"Quite the difficult one. You are courageous and valiant, like a Gryffindor, but also observant and independent, like a Ravenclaw. But I see more potential in you, so... GRYFFINDOR!"

The Gryffindor table screamed and cheered in victory over their new member. 

A cheery girl with bushy, brown hair waved her over to sit by her. 

"Hello there, I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger." She introduced herself. "And I'm Ron Weasley." A freckled, red haired boy said across the table. 

"Nice to meet you both! My name's Dove Copper."

---------------

"Eleara Fernsby"

Another bubbly, spirited, brightly smiling girl with Olive skin and wondrous green eyes popped forward, strutting up to the stool and sitting on it, waiting to be sorted. 

"Oh, I see... You are very genuine, and have a just, kind heart. You are also very dependable. It would be best to put you in... HUFFLEPUFF!"

The hat announced the house and everyone at the table went wild, though the announcement didn't go on without a couple sneers from the Slytherin table, who strongly disliked the Hufflepuffs. 

She flipped her long brown hair over her shoulder and sat down, grinning with pride. A small frog sat on her shoulder, croaking every once in a while. 

---------------

"Harry Potter"

All of the cheering and whooping went silent after hearing that name. A timid raven haired boy stepped forward. He had round spectacles and a lightning shaped scar on his forehead. He sat down on the stool, almost shaking in fear.

"Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, and, my goodness, yes -- and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting.... So where shall I put you?"

"Not Slytherin, please not Slytherin" He begged.

"Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know, it's all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that - no? Well, if you're sure - better be... GRYFFINDOR!"

Dove's table went wild as he slid in his spot next to her, earning a slight blush from the raven haired boy, who thought she was rather pretty.