= Chapter 10 *Winter Break Bonus Continued* =

The present was wrapped in silver and green paper, which gleamed in the early morning sunlight.

"Well, open it." Ember nudged.

Aspen slowly began to unwrap the neat paper on the small box. The note was plain, but held the sweetest message.

Aspen,

I've been wanting to give this to you for a long time, but I feel now is just right. 

Love, Draco Malfoy

She pulled a small, black velvet case out of the box, opening it. A beautiful silver ring with a small black diamond pressed into the front - a promise ring. Along with it was a neat, silver and green leather covered notebook with the Slytherin symbol engraved into it.  

---------------

Dear Dove,

You are a great friend. I wanted to give this to you because I thought you would like it to write in.

Love, Harry

Dove blushed as she read the note once again. She would no longer doubt her feelings about him - She loved Harry Potter.

She quickly unraveled the Gryffindor themed journal, which was wrapped in nothing more than a red bow, but it still had much meaning to it.

---------------

Cedric held Lillian close to his chest in the Hufflepuff common room, which was empty because everyone had split to help Hagrid take care of a fire crab problem down by the lake.

"Do you like it?" Lillian asked, leaning into Cedric as he smiled at the green and yellow pen with their initials engraved on it.

"It's the best present ever." He smiled. "Now you open yours."

Lillian unwrapped a small bow of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans along with a golden snitch keychain.

"I love it! Thank you so much Cedric!" Lillian exclaimed, resting her head on his chest, enjoying the peaceful moment of happiness. 

Time --------------- Skip

"Hand me that quill, will you?" Ember asked as Aspen reached her hand out to grab the large falcon feather on a nearby table.

"What do you think about the last day of our winter break?" Aspen said, almost sickly.

She didn't really like the thought of Draco returning to Hogwarts... or Vivid for that matter, who would hear of their kiss and probably spread the gossip.

"Eh, I'm kind of bummed it's coming to an end." Ember shrugged, scribbling more words down on her Defense Against the Dark Arts homework.

"Me too."

"You seem... tense. Anything you want to talk about?" Ember asked, sensing the tension in her friend.

"Well. Just promise you won't laugh or mock me, okay?" Aspen said, straitening her shoulders.

"I make no promises, but I'll try."

"... I kissed Malfoy." Aspen admitted.

Ember bit her lip, trying to stifle a laugh, but was obviously failing, as Aspen raised a brow.

"You said you wouldn't laugh!" She exclaimed.

"You kissed Draco Malfoy!? That idiot, seriously?" Ember cried from laughter.

"Idiot is one word for it!" Aspen said, pretending to be offended.

'Howt, hoot' Liberty cooed, pecking at the dorm window. 

Aspen sighed, getting up and opening it to let her owl in, who flew towards her stand, settling down after dropping a small, white letter on Aspen's pillow.

"What's this?"

Aspen,

I know the winter has been very long. I just wanted to tell you ahead of time that we will be staying at the Malfoy Manor for summer. 

Love you, Dad

"Oh God!" Aspen said, jumping backwards and throwing the letter towards Ember, who caught it mid air, opening it to read.

"Summer... Malfoy Manor! Is your dad crazy?" Ember exclaimed.

"Yeah, but he doesn't know about... us." Aspen said, suggesting the awkwardness between Draco and herself. 

"You guys will get over it." Ember groaned. "You always do."

---------------  

"Hermione! Hermione! Harry's coming back today!" Dove exclaimed, racing down the Gryffindor dorm stairs.

"I've never seen you so excited." Hermione smiled.

"I've got a good feeling about today. I think I'm going to tell him!" Dove said, plopping down on the couch next to her best friend.

"Today? Really?" Hermione groaned as Dove nodded.

"Dove, you've been saying that for the past week."

"I know, but it's really going to happen."

"You're getting in waaaaaaay over your head, you know that." Hermione laughed as Dove joined in.

---------------

Dinner was awkward. Everyone knew that their fellow students who went home for the winter would be returning any minute. The Great Hall was extremely empty as Aspen poked and prodded at her baked potato, refusing to make eye contact with Lillian after their fight.

"You've got to eat something." Ember scolded, shoving the rest of the smoked rib in her mouth.

"Not hungry." Aspen said, getting up and walking drearily back to the Slytherin common room.

She laid on the black leather couch, sketching a drawing of a knarl, a hedgehog like creature with piercing brown eyes and white tipped quills. 

"Another great drawing, eh?" A familiar, chilled voice said behind her, sending hairs on her arm standing on edge.

"Dray." She said, calling him by his nickname.

He watched as she tensed up in his presence, feeling insecure.

"Something wrong, darling?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the couch as Aspen sat up next to him.

"Its just that..." She started, but didn't know how to finish.

"You're uncertain of... us, aren't you?"

She nodded slowly, refusing to make eye contact with Draco as she stared down at the dusty common room floor.

"Take all the time in the world, if you need." Draco said, beginning to get up from the couch.

"Draco, wait."

He stopped and turned around, barely flinching when Aspen was inches from his face. Her lips brushed his, softly, delicately, like butterfly wings, yet passionate and knowing. They broke for air not long after.

"Um... goodnight." Aspen smiled meekly as Draco smirked, then walked up to the boy's dorm.

---------------   

Harry, Dove, and Hermione sat alone in the warm Gryffindor tower, staring at the fire and chatting about their winters.

"I think I'd better get to bed now." Hermione yawned, winking at Dove.

"Okay, Goodnight Hermione." Harry said, giving her a warm smile, then turning back towards the fire.

Dove rested her head on Harry's shoulder, causing him to blush and rest her head on her's.

"Harry?"

"Yes Dove?"

"I- I love you."