= Chapter 18 *Summer Solstice Part 2* =

Harry gently pressed his lips against Dove's in a soft, yet sweet kiss. Dove smiled into the kiss, earning one from Harry as well. This moment brought back the memories; multiples of them spent with Harry. They pulled back for air fairly long after, their lungs adapting to longer kisses.

"What?" He asked, seeing Dove smile cheekily.

"Nothing, I'm just... happy." She sighs, giving him a cute, smile.

"Anything I can get for you dears?" The lady at the counter asked.

"Two mocktails, please." Harry said, his attention never turning from Dove.

The lady hurried away to prepare the drink as Harry spoke softly to Dove, "I love you."

The comment made Dove's face flush into a deep, scarlet red color. It took her a while before she could answer, not fully trusting her voice, "I love you too."

|||---------------||| 

Aspen's head lay on Draco's chest as he hummed to the music of the song, her arms draped around his neck as his rested at her waist. Their footsteps now completely in sync as they danced.

"I hope you're enjoying your time here." He whispered into her ear, his head so close that his warm breath tickled her neck.

"I am... and it's all because of you, Dray." She shifted to look up at him as he smiled. 

Her hands moved to the collar of his suit, tugging gently, pulling him into a passionate kiss as her heart fluttered. Their foreheads leaned onto each other as the kiss deepened. When they broke for air, a slight, heavy feeling left the air, like a weight was lifted off their shoulders. They smiled, continuing the dance.

|||---------------|||

Cedric's breath tickled Lillian's cheek with his breath, waltzing to the slow, mesmerizing song. His hand, which laid on her waist, fiddled with the ruffles on her dress as Lillian's fingers playing with his dark brown locks. He lead her around the dance floor, careful to not step on her toes as he did so.

"I love you." She whispered into his ear sweetly.

His face blushed lightly at the words as he spun her out, only to return her to his arms moments later.

"I love you too; more than you could ever imagine." He whispered back with a slight smirk.

|||---------------|||

Moments later into the ball, the happiness was drained from the air, like everyone saw suffocating on their own sorrow as a whole in the Great Hall was broken, sending stones flying. Everyone took cover, scrambling under the tables, which were still arrayed with different sweets and foods.

"Dementors!" Someone screamed as the looming, dreary creatures entered the room, beginning to suck the happy memories from the hiding students.

Aspen's eyes searched around for her friends. Ever since Harry's boggart had transformed into a dementor, Professor Lupin had made it his job to prepare the students in case a dementor attack actually happened. Her eyes finally found Lillian's, then Dove's, then Mya's, and then Vivid's, Eleara's, and even Ember's

"Wait." Draco said, grasping her arm as she got up from their hiding spot.

"Come back in once piece, will you?" He smiled faintly as did she. 

"For you, Dray, for you." She kissed his forehead briefly before running off towards the middle of the room to join her friends, who here attempting to cast their own patrons to ward off the soul-sucking fiends.