= Chapter 20 =

Aspen flopped lazily on the elegant bed, closing her eyes, but soon opened them as she heard a creak of a door. She sat upright, looking around.

'Hoot hoot.' She heard behind her.

Mystic had picked his lock! His golden barred cage sat on her desk at the Malfoy Manor, the lock busted and the door opened.

"You little Houdini." She sighed, perching the owl on her arm as he nibbled the sleeve of her shirt affectionately.

"Okay, Mystic, you stay put, and stay out of mayhem. I'm going to go brush my teeth." She spoke to the owl, hopping off her bed, only to be followed to the door by the snowy owl.

She had to push the pursuing owl away, back towards his cage in order to run out of the door and close it, making sure it was secure before walking over to the bathroom. She opened the door, only shrieking as she did so, but then laughing afterwards. Draco stood over the sink, toothbrush held between his teeth... shirtless. Aspen closed her eyes, turning around to leave.

"It's okay, you don't have to go." He smirked, grabbing her arm.

She gave a slight nod, not trusting her voice, as it would probably be shaky. She picked up her toothbrush, squeezed some of the mint toothpaste on it, ran it under the water for a few seconds, then began to scrub her teeth with the small bristles, all while semi swooning over Draco, who was smirking furiously. Once she was done, she held back her hair, spitting the toothpaste down the drain and rinsing her mouth with the cold faucet water.

"Uhm... Goodnight." She blushed, finding the floor exceptionally fascinating.

"Goodnight Aspen." He smirked once more, moving to peck her on the forehead before he left the bathroom to go to his own bedroom.

Aspen sighed, wandering back over to her own. Mystic sat at the door, hooting quietly while waiting for her to come back.

"Hey buddy, I'm back." She piped, allowing him to slap up to her shoulder as she flopped back onto her bed.

She quickly changed into her sleepwear and covered herself in the expensive blankets and duvets before falling asleep. But she could have sworn Mystic crawled beside her, resting under her arm... just like Liberty did.

---------------

"Goodnight Dove." Dove's father cooed from the doorway as her mother came into her bedroom.

"Hi mom." Dove smiled.

"Hi honey."

Dove's mother was a muggle, while her father was a wizard, who went to Hogwarts and hailed in Gryffindor, the same as his daughter. Dove snuggled into the soft mattress of her comfy, homey bed, closing her eyes. She was glad to be home and not at Hogwarts for once. Her own bed was so recognizable and it just felt right.

"Anything you'd like to talk to me about?" Her mother asked.

For a second she thought about telling her own mother about Harry and her first kiss and the ball... but maybe that was meant for another day.

"I'm just happy to be home." Her voice was muffled slightly by the blankets surrounding her.

"I'm glad you're home too. You can tell me all about your year tomorrow." Her mother smiled, walking out of the room.

--------------- 

Mya's eyes opened as the broad daylight seeped in through her window, creating sunrise colored lines on the off-white carpet in her room. A kitten was curled in between her arms. Its small, grey figure was abruptly awakened as she sneezed. The kitten opened its pale green eyes, which reminded her of green grapes.