= Chapter 7 {Part 1} =

With winter approaching and Christmas break near, there was only one thing left to do - Hogsmeade. The small winter village was nestled near Hogwarts, which was home to multiple cottages and shops. The third year of a student allowed allowed them to travel to Hogsmeade on appointed weekends, so called 'Hogsmeade Weekend Trips'.

Most students went with their closest friends, as a fun trip - but then there were the few who enjoyed going with other people special to them... as a date.

---------------

"So... um, hey Mya." Ron Weasley said, a concerned look on his face as he watched her struggle to pull a book from a high self of the library.

"Yeah?" She replied, concentrated as she balanced on her tippy toes to reach the book.

"Um... I was wondering, since everyone is going to Hogsmeade this weekend... if-"

"Got it!" Mya exclaimed, pulling the heavy book from the top shelf. Just as she pulled it out, she slipped and fell backwards. Ron quickly caught her, earning a blush from the small Ravenclaw.

"I was wondering if you'd go to Hogsmeade with me and Hermione." He finished.

"Ron, I would love to!" She said, pulling him into a tight hug. She then picked the book off the ground and carried it to the nearest desk to study, leaving an excited Ron to find Harry and tell him the good news.

---------------

"Hey Dove, wait up!" Aspen's long, wavy brunette hair blew in the wind as she sprinted to keep up with the tall Gryffindor.

"Hey Aspen, what's up?" Dove said, continuing to walk to Potion's class. 

"I was just wondering... are the rumors true, that Harry can't go to Hogsmeade?" Aspen asked.

"I... um... I don't know." Dove sighed, disappointed.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, I'm fine... its just news that I haven't heard yet, is all."

Aspen looked at her new friend worriedly.

"Okay, then. See you at lunch?" Aspen said, jogging off.

"Yeah, see you.

--------------- 

"Pfft! Yeah sure... He's a Hufflepuff!" Lillian said, her cheeks turning a rosy red as Vivid discovered her newfound crush on Cedric Diggory, trying to hide her feelings behind his house.

"But I see the way you look at him!" Vivid exclaimed, teasing the short blonde.

"I don't look at him! He's two years older than us! Well, one year older than you." Lillian said, embarrassed as two Ravenclaw girls passed, giggling at their conversation.

"But you said he was blushing when he handed you your books!"

"The lighting could've been off! You never know!"

"And he hoped he'd see you again!"

"That was just a friendly gesture!"

"Fine! Deny it all you want... but you like him and you know it!" Vivid finished the conversation, skipping off towards the Divination tower.

Lillian watched her friend jog off towards her next class as she sighed. Did she really have a crush on the charming Cedric Diggory?

"Hey! Lillian, right?" A vaguely familiar, pleasant voice said behind her. Cedric Diggory.