= Chapter 8 =

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer." Hagrid grumbled as all the third years attending Care Of Magical Creatures huddled together.

"Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today." He said as the students arrived at his hut, carrying a monster book that had almost ripped the faces off of them when they tried to open it.

"A great lesson. So follow me." He gestured as he walked towards the woods behind his hut, the students following, almost running to keep up with his giant strides. 

---------------

"Where do you bet he's taking us?" Dove said, tripping over her oversized robes, falling into Harry's arms and blushing.

"Watch your step." Harry laughed.

"I bet its some magical creature, since... you know, that's the class." Hermione answered sarcastically.

"Pfft! I hope its something cool enough to take your heads off and save me from your annoying voices." Ember mumbled as she brushed by, loud enough for them all to hear.

"I think it'll be something cute, like a crup or puffskein." Mya said, skipping alongside Eleana.

"Nah, it'll be cool and dangerous, like a phoenix or kneazle." Eleana commented. 

---------------

"Right, you lot. Less chattering." Hagrid said, blocking the creature from view of the students. "Form a group over there and open your books to page 49."

"Exactly how do we do that?" Aspen asked, staring down at the dangerous monster book in her hands.

"Just stroke the spine, of course." He said, looking as if everyone knew.

The students mumbled to each other as they tickled and rubbed the spine of the book, causing it to become docile for the students to open and learn from it.

"Goodness me." He said, watching as some of the fellow students struggled with this feat. 

"Don't be such a wimp, McClain." Aspen purred, smirking as her arch nemesis held the book out like she was afraid to touch it.

Ember looked as if she would explode from anger. "Doesn't look like you're doing much better."

Aspen smirked, stroked the spine, and watched as the book opened submissively. Ember's face turned pure red as she attempted success with her own book and failed.

"I think they're funny." Eleana said, stroking her book's spine extra, making sure it was happy.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny." Ember commented sarcastically as she finally got her book to open.

"Bloody hell. God, this place is going to the dogs." Aspen laughed, her cute English accent coming out. 

"Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Draco sneered beside her, looking strait at Harry.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry said, stepping through the crowd.

Draco cocked an eyebrow looking dead strait into Harry's eyes. He hooted, practically dropping his book bag onto Crabbe. Then, he stopped, his face plagued with fear.

"D-dementor! Dementor!" He yelled, pointing behind Harry.

Harry spun around quickly, horror etched his expressions. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw that Malfoy had been pranking him. Harry turned back around to face Draco, face full of anger. Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Lillian, and Aspen had flipped the hoods of their cloaks up, acting as if they were dementors. Harry's face flushed bright pink, embarrassed.