= Chapter 4 {Part 1} =

First Trimester Slytherin Third Year Schedule

- Breakfast (7:00 am - 8:00)

- Transfiguration (8:30 am - 9:30 am)

- Potions Class (9:40 am - 10:30 am)

- Charms Class (10:40 am - 11:30 am)

Lunch (12:00 pm - 1:00pm)

- Care of Magical Creatures (1:10 pm - 1:40 pm)

- Divination (1:50 pm - 2:30 pm)

- Dinner (5:00 pm - 6:30 pm) 

Aspen straitened her tie in the mirror. The only thing that stood between her and the first quidditch game of the season, was Charms Class. She sighed, walking around her bed and plopped down on it, letting Liberty flap into her lap. She stroked the light brown bird, her nerves tingling with anticipation. 

"C'mon Aspen, Charms Class! You don't want to be late!" Lillian said cheerily as Aspen still slayed down on her bed, exhausted and tired. 

"Don't wrinkle your shirt, c'mon, get up!" She said again, dragging Aspen off her bed and forcing her into her robes.

"Ugh! Im so tired though. Cant I take a nap until the game?" Aspen asked in a groggy, flat voice.

"No, you can't, but I think your nerves can survive one more class though." Lillian said, handing Aspen her charms textbook off her nightstand. "Thanks."

---------------

"Okay, I know you have all been on summer break, resting your minds. So, lets go over some of the basics. Everyone get with a partner and lets go over the levitating charm, Wingardium Leviosa." Professor Flitwick said as the third year Slytherin and Hufflepuffs piled into the small classroom. 

The room was immediately filled with with chatter and spells as the students rushed to find their partners. 

"Hey, Aspen, wanna be partners?" Lillian said, pointing out that everyone else was partnered up.

"Sure Lilli."

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Lillian said, watching as her feather flew up into the air, hovering for a moment, then slowly dropping back onto the table at her command.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Aspen said, using the swish-and-flick motion on her feather, smiling brightly as it levitated in the air, then glided back down into her hand.

Most of the class succeeded with the charm - even Ember, who had gotten back together with Pansy and was smirking proudly towards Aspen and Lillian. 

"Good, good! Very good class! Today we are going to be practicing the Cheering Charm. Now, can anyone tell me what it is used for?" Professor Flitwick applauded.

Ember McClain's hand shot up into the air, eager to answer the question.

"McClain? Would you know?" Flitwick said, pointing to her.

"It's used to help people cheer louder during Quidditch sessions." She said confidently.

"Close, but not exactly," Flitwick frowned, but then smiled quickly as Aspen's hand shot up. "Miss Hale! Would you like to give it a try?"

"The cheering charm is a spell that makes people happy, but when the spell is overdone, it can cause the target to seem delirious with fits of hysterical laughter." Aspen replied, shooting a mad Ember a snarky smirk. 

"Okay, class. Lets try the spell. Everyone be sure your wand is pointing at the ground! We dont want any faults here." He said. 

"This seems fun, although we normally roll around in laughter on a regular basis." Lillian said as Aspen laughed, not from the spell. 

"Remember, the incantation is Exhiliro. Try that with a wiggly line motion: like this," Flitwick said, pointing his wand towards the ground. "Exhiliro."

A pale blue light shot out of the wand, silly laughing noises could be heard from the pale blue light. 

"Okay, now you all try, one person of a group at a time please." Flitwick said.

"Exhiliro." Aspen whispered, moving her vinewood wand in a wiggly line motion, watching in awe as a sky blue light zapped out of her wand, delirious giggling coming from the light.

"Nicely done, Aspen!" Flitwick exclaimed, looking around at the other struggling students.

"Ooh, my turn!" Lillian said. "Exhiliro!" Once again, a pale blue light came out of her wand, the laughing sound occurring again. 

Pride filled the Charm's Professor's face as he beamed over his successful students. The bell rang, queuing that Charms class was over.

"Oh my gosh! I have to go get ready!" Aspen said as the ran past the vast sea of Hufflepuffs and Slytherins. "I'll meet you at the Great Hall for lunch!"