= Chapter 3 =

The train immediately came to a pit stop, sending its passengers flying out of their seats.

"What's going on?" Ron asked. 

"Are we there yet?" Mya added.

 "I dunno, maybe we've broken down." Harry replied, a confused look on his face.

Suddenly, the light cut out, sending the train and all its passengers into complete darkness. Dove gasped and reached for Harry's arm, holding it tightly, not willing to look at his face as she did so.  

"H-Harry, what's going on." Dove asked.

"I don't know. But we'll be alright, i'm sure of it." Harry ensured, entwining his fingers with hers. 

"Ouch! Ron, that was my foot." Hermione snapped, a bit annoyed with the delay.  

"G-guys? There's something moving out there." Ron stammered, ignoring Hermione's comment.

Then the whole train shook, rattling the compartment doors and adding to the student's suspense. Everyone's breath became visible as the temperature dropped, Hermione, Ron, Mya, Eleana, Dove, and Harry huddling together to keep warm. 

An icy frost crept up the window as everyone in the compartment watched in horror. A sleeping professor curled up in the corner of the compartment, unaware of the situation. Then, the train violently shook again, sending the students flying around once again.

"Bloody hell! What was that!" Ron gasped.

A large ghostly, cloaked figure appeared by the compartment door. Its long, rattling breath was cold and horrifying. Not to mention its appearance: its skin was glistening, greyish, slimy-looking, and scabbed, like something dead that had decayed in water. And when it looked strait into your soul, you could feel all the happiness decaying along with it.

Its long cloak blew in the hallway as a hand protruded from it, waving its hand in front of the handle to the compartment, opening the door. It towered over the six students, watching them intently as if to scan them.  Its hideous face turned towards Harry, draining the happiness from him, Dove watching in horror as she was hopeless against it. It came closer and closer until...

"Expecto Patronum" A deep, manly voice said behind her, turning around to see who it was. 

The professor was awake, a bright light buzzing from his wand, casting a banishing spell onto the dementor. The dementor backed up and out of the compartment, and finally away from the train. 

Dove sighed, relieved, turning to face Harry. Harry lied back onto Dove's lap, unconscious.

--------------- 

"Harry? Harry, are you alright?" Dove asked, helping Harry sit up as he regained conscious, handing him his glasses. He put them on, still a bit groggy though.

"Here, eat this. It'll help." The professor said, watching as Harry gave him an uncertain expression. "Don't worry, it's chocolate."

Harry sighed, then looked at the compartment door, completely dementor free.

"What was that thing." He said.

"That was a dementor, one of the guards of Azkaban, it's gone now. It saw searching the train for Sirius Black." He cleared his throat, then got up, "Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to have a word with the driver," the professor spoke, clearly annoyed, and left the compartment, giving Harry a small smile as he took a bite fo the chocolate.