= Chapter 16 =

* 3 Months Later *

"With the school year coming to an end, the Summer Solstice Formal is approaching." Dumbledore announced, earning groans and cheers from the crowd of third year and ups.

Dinner had been late that night, probably because Dumbledore had to recite the regulations and rules about the Summer Solstice Formal, which was held every year; this being one of them. After the long speech, the headmaster presented food.

"So... You going with Cedric, then?" Vivid smirked, chewing delightfully on a chicken bone.

"Probably." Lillian shrugged, poking at her green beans with her fork.

"Cillian... Cute." Aspen joked as Lillian play shoved her.

"And how about... Draspen?" Vivid smiled smugly as Aspen turned to stare at her food.

She hadn't talked to Draco at all ever since he decided to have his father send an executioner to kill Buckbeak. Honestly, her anger towards him had worn off ever since she learned that Harry and Hermione traveled back and time and saved him... which was a relief.

"Aspen?" Lillian said, snapping her from her trans.

"What about you and Draco?" Vivid asked again.

"Honestly, I don't know." Aspen sighed, taking another biscuit from the tray.

"Vam? What about that." Aspen said as Vivid's cheeks turned bright red.

"S-Sam... I don't think so. He already has a girlfriend anyway." Vivid was quick to reply.

"I don't think so - look." Lillian pointed to a teary eyed Chloe, Sam's girlfriend, as Sam sat at the Gryffindor table, alone.

Vivid's already rosy face turned to a tomato as she turned away from Sam, as they gained eye contact.

"W-What..." Vivid stuttered.

"I think I need to go to bed." She yawned dramatically.

"Okay then." Lillian said.

"I'll come with. I'm pretty tired too." Aspen said, linking arms with her friend as they walked back to the Slytherin Common Room.

---------------

The rain beat down hard on the window sill as Aspen chilled on the couch, propping her socked feet on a leather ottoman, staring into the blazing fire that seemed to never die. The black leather couch shifted, as if weight was being put on the other side of it. She glanced up slightly - Draco. She didn't want to talk to him right now; she didn't know what to say. Images of Liberty swarmed her mind, never ceasing. They clustered around her brain, stripping the happiness away - and it wasn't from the dementors. Her tears started to water as she glanced at Draco once again, the memory of receiving Liberty as a 'welcome to Hogwarts' gift from her dad.

"It's alright, darling, come here." Draco smiled softly as Aspen crawled into his arms, burying her face in his chest.

Draco began to hum a peaceful, melodic song as she began to stop crying, her eyes still watery though. She shifted her head, listening to his heartbeat as she began to drift off to sleep, her eyes closing as he slumped down in the couch a bit, resting his head on hers as he succumbed to sleep too.

---------------

"Hey Eleara, could I talk to you?" Mya asked, walking up to her Hufflepuff friend.

"Yeah, sure." She sighed.

"What's wrong?"

Eleana's face sunk as she hung her head.