= Chapter 14 =

"Scabbers? Scabbers has been in my family for..." Ron began. 

"Twelve years. A curiously long life for a common garden rat. He's missing a toe, isn't he?" Sirius cut him off, finishing his sentence too.

"So what?" Lillian asked.

Aspen's confused face light up, she'd figured it out. "All they could find of Pettigrew was his..."

"Finger. Smart girl. Dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead. Then he transformed into a rat." Sirius once again finished the sentence. 

A dark figure standing in the hall way moved into the dim lit room, revealing his own features. Professor Lupin.

"But... wha?" Eleana mumbled.

Harry stares into Sirius's dark eyes. He wanted to believe. He glanced at Ron and his agonized face. Scabbers squirmed violently.

"What are you going to do to him!?" Ron exclaimed, pulling Scabbers to his chest protectively.

Sirius and Lupin exchanged a glance.

"Together." They mumbled in unison.

Scabbers continued squirming, then when Ron loosened his grip, Scabbers made a mad dash for it. Lupin took out his wand and, as one, he and Sirius cast a stream of a pale blue light, hitting Scabbers as Ron held Mya close. Scabbers twisted madly in midair, then, transformed into... a very short man with thinning hair and grubby hands... Peter Pettigrew!

"S-Sirius? R-Remus? My old friends!" Pettigrew ran to give them a hug, but was easily pushed back by the two men.

Peter's watery, blue eyes stared down at his boots when Sirius and Lupin wouldn't speak. His glance then turned to Harry, in which Dove began to growl, stepping in front of Harry protectively.

"Harry! Look at you! Y-you look just like your father. Like James. We were the best of friends, he and I..." Peter began, but was soon cut off by Sirius.

"Shut up!" He shouted.

"Interrupting must be his job." Aspen whispered into Lillians ear, sneering.

"I didn't mean to! The Dark Lord... you have no idea the weapons he possesses! Ask yourself what you would have done, Sirius. What would you have done!" Pettigrew shouted at the shaggy haired man."Died! Died rather than betray my friends! And you should have realized, Peter, if Voldemort didn't kill you..." Sirius began, but was cut off by a sneering Lupin.

"We would."

Peter's eyes grew big as they darted to Aspen, then Hermione, then landed on Lillian. 

"Sweet girl. Clever girl. Surely you won't let them..." He began, walking closer to her.

Aspen raised her wand, prepared to protect her friend. Peter stepped backwards. Lupin and Sirius raised their wands, prepared to kill Peter when...

"No!" Harry shouted.

"Harry... this man." Lupin began, but never finished.

"I know what he is, but we'll have to take him back to the castle." Harry said anxiously, entwining his fingers in Dove's silky fur.

"Bless you, boy, bless you!" Peter said, running to give Harry a hug.

Dove nipped at his heels, tearing him away from Harry protectively.

"I said we'd take you to the castle, after that, the dementors can have you." Harry sneered, giving Peter a look of disgust.

---------------

"Turn me into a maggot. A dung beetle. A Flobberworm! Anything but the Dementors..." Peter groaned as they exited the tunnel.

Dove had now transformed back into a human and was walking back up with Sirius and Harry, her fingers entwined with his.

Aspen finally breathed as she and Lillian exited the tunnel, able to with the stench that loomed in the disgusting shack.

Ron and Mya finally emerged, but were greeted by an escaped Peter, who immedietly threw himself at Ron.

"Ron! Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them kill me, will you? I was your rat..."

"Get off him!" Mya screamed, taking out her wand and pointing it at him until he receded back to Lupin.

Once again, another dark figure walked out of the mist, wand pointed at Sirius.

"Another one." Lillian groaned, but Aspen was actually grateful to see her favorite teacher - Severus Snape.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape shouted, flicking his wand so Sirius' flew out of his hand.

"Professor Snape!" Lupin sneered.

"Lupin." Snape addressed, his gaze turning to the Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindors, and the Slytherins.

"And what would you be doing out here... at this time of night?" Snape said, looking up at the night sky.

"Snape!" Sirius chuckled after he recovered his wand. "Good to see you again old friend."

Snape raised an eyebrow... then smiled, or his version of a smile anyway - his twisted, semi-evil smile.

The adults explained the situation, telling him about Ron's rat being Pettigrew and that lot. They began to walk back to the castle when...

"Harry..." Hermione said slowly, all gazes drifting to Professor Lupin, who was staring up at the full moon.

"Crap." Aspen sighed.

Everyone watched as Professor Lupin transformed into something dark, and scary, and something probably out of your worst nightmare. Something that could hunt you down and outrun you in an instant... A werewolf.

(A/N) - Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't been writing so much recently. I've had a lot of work and not much time. I'm also quite sorry I had to change up this whole scene from Harry Potter. But I completely forgot about Snape and then couldn't find a place for him to fit in, so, here it is, I guess I'm not really proud of this chapter, really, but thanks for reading!