= Chapter 18 *Summer Solstice Part 1* =

Ball Room Playlist/ Ambience/ Songs I listened to while writing: Something Just Like This by the Chainsmokers, Cold Water by Nightcore, and  Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn and Sia

Enjoy ;)

The cold, stone staircase was lined with a beautiful silver and gold carpet. Dove's silky red dress gleamed in the candle light as she and Harry made their way down to the Great Hall. Dove had been beyond nervous at this - a dance with Harry. It seemed as if all eyes were on her as she made her way into the stunningly lite ballroom.

"You okay?" He asked, peering down at her face etched with nervous features.

"Yeah." She said, looking up at his calming blue eyes. "I am."

Dove and Harry shuffled through the crowded Great Hall, which had now been transformed into a beautiful ballroom. It was decorated with a modern, yet classy look. The candles that normally floated above the students' heads became shiny, golden bars that went well with the starry night ceiling. The tables were lined with beautiful golden tablecloths as couples danced and swayed in the front of the room.

"Do you like it?" Dove asked, giggling a little.

"Yeah. It's beautiful." He said, his gaze shifting towards her as she blushed.

Some time passed before he said, "Would you like to dance?" And extended his arm, blushing as she accepted it, moving towards the dance floor.

Dove had to mentally remind herself not to step on Harry's toes! She'd forgotten how to dance - because she'd never been to one. She'd occasionally dance with her father on formal dinner nights, but other than that, zilch. But she'd learned to trust Harry, and her friends, more this year, and even gain some new friends. She placed her head on his chest as the music slowed, trusting him enough to lead her around the dance floor in a beautiful waltz. Her dress swayed admirably with every step.

"So. After this... Do you want to grab drinks?" He offered, his feet still moving along to the melodic beat.

"Of course." She smiled, gazing up at his emerald green eyes.

|||---------------|||

Mya's heartbeat picked up faster than usual as she squeezed Ron's arm tightly. He looked down at her with his big, blue eyes, confused.

"Mya? Are you okay?" He asked.

She snuggled up to him closer. "Yep! Just a bit nervous."

"Don't be! You look beautiful!"

Mya blushed as they entered the brightly lite Great Hall, now decorated beautifully for the Summer Solstice. Her blue cocktail dress glimmered in the light as they walked hand in hand to the bar, happily taking a seat.

"Two pumpkin juice." Ron ordered, smiling over at Mya, who smiled back.

The waiter arrived with two pumpkin juices. Mya smiled at the ginger next to her, thinking about how lucky she was. Over the year, she'd learned to trust Ron, and her friends more, and even some new friends.

|||---------------|||

Draco's cold hand pushed a rogue piece of hair behind Aspen's ear as she smiled, blushing, as they walked down the silk carpeted staircase.

"I bet you're used to this, Mr. Fancy." Aspen giggled, resting her head on his expensive suit.

"I take you to a ball, and the first thing you do is make fun of me?" He chuckled, pecking her cheek lightly.