A New Song

*small trigger warning for body dysmorphia & anxiety*

'I know you were way too bright for me

I'm hopeless, broken

So you wait for me in the sky'

*****

I suddenly hear a fun and upbeat tune with his voice in the background singing 'La La La La La' as it repeats in the track. I look back to Harry where he was bopping to the side, brushing his hands over his guitar until his eyes close and he leant into the microphone.

'Golden, golden. Golden as I open my eyes, Hold it, focus, hoping, take me back to the light' he sung into the microphone. His soft voice coming out of the speaker next to me as he kept his eyes shut. 

I don't know why, but immediately I imagine this as an opening song to an album. The lyrics already setting the predictions for what was going to come from a new experience and what it was going to hold for everyone.

'I know, you were way too bright for me. I'm hopeless, broken, so you wait for me in the sky' he drags the last word, contrasting to his last lyric with the knowledge that some bad but good will be coming with it.

'Brown my skin just right. You're so golden' he mumbles before pulling away from the microphone and taking a breath. 

He steps back, swinging his guitar side to side but still managing to strum the chord as the backup vocals from the start kick in again. 

'You're so golden. I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared because hearts get broken' he finally looks over at me again but we hold eye contact before he closes his eyes again to sing. 

'I don't wanna be alone. I don't wanna be alone when it ends' he sings and I take a deep breath in.

Although this song was fun and energetic, a good opening album song, you could tell each lyric had a deeper meaning behind it. Wanting something out of the experience and not walking out of it without anything could relate to a lot of things but for this sake, I chose to connect it to this experience that I was taking right now. 

'Don't wanna let you know. I don't wanna be alone'  he mumbles again, feelings his raw emotion of being scared to admit that he doesn't know what to do about this feeling.

'But I, I can feel it take a hold. I can feel you take control of who I am and all I've ever known. Loving you's the antidote' he mumbles into the microphone, his raspy voice finishing as he took his headphone off and stepped away from the microphone.

'How was that?' his voice comes closer as he comes out of the recording booth and sitting on the chair next to Tyler

'Obviously we need some work with the future verses or the bridge or whatever but um, Ciara? Anything?' they both look over to me and I instantly panic.

I did have some improvements but was I really going to tell Harry Styles out of all people what to add to his song to make it better? Why were they asking for my opinion anyway? Wasn't I supposed to stay here and be quiet?

'Uh, no. From what I heard, it's great. Obviously you have more lyrics to go with it but it's catchy. Definitely a summer vibe' I nod my head, avoiding Harry's eye contact that he was giving me, mainly talking to Tyler.

'Yeah, I think so too. Good job mate.' Tyler faces back to Harry, slapping his back as he shares a closed-lip smile and goes back into the booth to plug his guitar in. 'So, Ciara, that was pretty short but hopefully, we can get you in more often so you get something out of this. Um, we're usually in pretty early so, um, you can go back to Jasmine because we're done'