A Current Conversation

'Are you kidding right now?' I roll down the window to yell at Evan who was on the way home.

His home.

'I'm going back home. What's the big deal?' he shrugs, continuing to walk but Harry pulls over the car to the sidewalk.

'The big deal is that your mum is a drugged-up bitch and abuses her power. Get your ass in the car Evan or I swear to god I will call the cops' I threaten but hearing him sigh and walk back towards the car, made me feel pleased with myself. 'What were you thinking going back there?'

'I- I don't know. Last night was weird....' Evan mumbled but I just sighed that at least we found him.

'You're just lucky we knew the direction you were going to your house.' he doesn't respond to my comment, just the quiet buzzing of the radio filled the silence of the car.

Was threatening to call the police too much?

He slams the door shut as we arrived at the hotel, leaving us to wait for another elevator as he took it individually.  Harry kisses my cheek in reassurance as the lift goes up, knowing that I was feeling like shit and overthinking things. 

Evan was waiting for us when we walked down the hall but as soon as we unlocked the door, he dumped his bag and went into the small study that was next to our bedroom. 'Did you contact the hotel about getting another room?' I ask, dropping the files on the kitchen counter as Harry slips his shoes off.

'Uh yeah, they'll move all our stuff in tomorrow.' I nod as we both head into our bedroom, shutting the door behind us and collapsing onto the bed.

I'm instantly embraced with his warmth as we both shuffle to lay on the pillows of the freshly made bed. 'Stop overthinking.' he mumbled into my forehead, pressing a kiss.

'Do you think I'm doing the right thing? I mean, he's now my half brother, technically I don't have any ownership or guardianship over him. Holy shit this could be kidnapping-'

'Oh shut up' Harry groans before we both chuckle, me coming to realise that I was truly doing this for Evan's benefit and to protect him.

'Yeah...I'm being ridiculous,' I look up to him smirking down at me before leaning down, connecting our lips.

I loved kissing him. Crawling on top so that I was straddling his thighs, he gave my hips a squeeze, making me now smile into the kiss that was soft and delicate, putting love into it.

'Oh god- I thought you guys weren't one of those couples' we pull away to see Evan in the doorway.

I didn't even hear the door open...

'Sorry to interrupt but when are you guys leaving again?' Evan asks and Harry leans over to check the date on his phone, me still being on his lap.

'A week, why?' Harry says before Evan just shrugs.

'Just wondering' he mumbles before closing the door and Harry attacks my neck with kisses.

'Now where were we' he mumbles before I pull his head back from the crook of my neck.

'No, Harry. The kid is literally right next door!' I shake my head before he smirks and dips into my neck again.

'Then I guess you'll need to be quiet' he murmurs, sending me into a fit of giggles as he kisses my sweet spot.

We dropped Evan off at school again the next morning, giving him a stern reminder about actually going to his classes that day. All I got back was a roll of the eyes and a slam of the car door.