An Old Office

'you've got my devotion but man, i can hate you sometimes'

*****

~ Two Weeks Later ~

'OK, good luck. Text me if you need anything, yeah?' Savannah leans over the console as I stand outside the car.

'Yeah, ok. Good luck today. Bye, I love you' I wave as I close the door.

Today was my first day on the job, moving to California officially a couple of days ago. Since Savannah had lost her job as a lifesaver at the beaches, she had decided today to go and apply for some small cafe positions to fill in the gap of money we were losing while paying rent at the apartment we applied for.

I turn around to see the familiar studio in front of me. I sighed before going into the building, immediately being greeted by Jasmine at the reception. She immediately got up, greeting me with a warm hug and a smile. 'I can't believe you're actually back. I was surprised when you said yes because you did mention a roommate, right?'

'Oh yeah, Savannah. She's off looking for small part-time jobs but I mean, this is one of my favourite things to do so I'm happy to be back' I nod as we walk back to the reception together to drop my bag.

'Ah right. Makes sense yeah. OK, well, for the next couple of weeks we've just got a couple of tracks that we need to you edit and put together. Just head into Studio 3 to grab the USB and then go into 5B to edit them. You've got the whole week to get around 3 tracks done so you should smash that out in no time'

I hold myself together as she mentioned that the tracks were coming from Studio 3. She takes a seat as I nod and then start to head towards the hallway where Studio 3 was lined up in. I knocked before someone opened it from the inside. I was met by the familiar face of Tyler who breaks into a smile as he sees me. 'Ciara! How are you, come in, please' he opens the door to reveal only Harry and his band in the room.

'Um, I just have to pick up the tracks on the USB, I don't want to interrupt...' I mutter, avoiding Harry's eye contact through the recording booth glass.

'Oh don't be ridiculous, come in. We're just fixing up some instrumental stuff' he shakes his head before you sigh and walk-in, taking a seat on the couch.

You look up as Harry walks out of the recording booth, taking a bottle of water out of the fridge and then coming to sit next to me and my nervous body. 'Hey'

'Hi, how are you?' I smile as he shuffles in his seat.

'I'm good, you?' he replies and I nod.

'I'm good...'

'So, you're back here, permanently?' he asks after sipping at his water.

'Yeah, you complaining?' I raise my eyebrows as he breaks into a smile but shakes his head.

'No no. Of course not. Never complain about you being around' he smiles and I let out a big breath that I had subconsciously been keeping in. 'You happy about being back though?' he carries on as if we only saw each other 2 days ago.

'Um yeah, I think. It's going to be a bit different because I'm actually going to be on the producer side of things but I'm excited to do it. How's the album going?' I ask and he nods

'Uh, yeah, pretty good. I mean, the music you're gonna edit has, 3 songs? Adore you, Watermelon Sugar and uh, Lights Up... Only one of them is about you though' he smirks as I blush at the ground.

'You wrote a song about me?' I look up to meet his eyes, now his cheeks also blushed.

'It's hard not to when you've got the inspiration right in front of you...Plus, it's kind of ironic right now, don't you think?' he says and I furrow my eyebrows.