A New Piece of Advice

'never assume that a loud is strong and quiet is weak'

*****

~ A Week Later ~

'I'm what?' I ask in slight shock as Jasmine announces to me that I was going to be someone's filler producer. 'Uh, I'm barely trained in that area' Jasmine shakes her head in denial.

'Nonsense. Her name is Tate. Tate Mcrae and she's just moved labels. Her normal producer is away on maternity leave so for the next 6 weeks, you'll be working with her. There will be other people present to help you but I heard a small little bird told me some great improvements you made to a song and that hit strong for me.' she grabs the keys off the door before I quickly follow her out of the reception.

'OK, so what do you want me to do exactly?' I ask, confused as she arrives at the door.

'She already has a prewritten song called Teenage Mind and I think you could do some cool things with it' she pushes open the door to reveal a couple of older people and then obviously Tate behind the microphone.

'Hi everyone. This is Ciara, she'll be helping Tate with Teenage Mind' Jasmine introduces me and I wave before Jasmine gives me a reassuring pat on the back and then walking out.

'OK, Ciara, so I have the original song right now on the piano that I can play and then maybe we fiddle around with the backing and stuff?' Tate suggests and I nod.

'Yeah, that sounds good. I'll take notes as you play. Go when you're ready' I pull out a notebook from my backpack and pull a pen out from the pen pot open the desk.

She plays a couple of chords before pressing a button and letting it repeat itself. 'Some girls get all done up, hide their face and repair. They attend every party but it's taking them nowhere' I scribble down a change in a lyric note.

Maybe instead of hiding their face and trying to repair it, they lose their face to repair the broken parts behind it. Some girls truly change their appearance at parties, not even recognising some at points.

'Some think it's funny, say they don't even care. But on the inside they wish they were there' she sings and I scribble down another note.

Adding a good and solid drum beat behind the song would be more exciting, possibly changing her future style of song production.

'What have we come to now? We all wanna be like the rest' she adds in a small beat and then presses another button to repeat it but I still know more could happen with the instrumentals

'Can't describe just how. But we're all a beautiful mess' she sings, showing the true meaning behind the song.

'One moment, we're broken and then we're fine "He called you back?" "Wait, wasn't he mine?"' she sings and I write down that there could be a pause between the 'wait' representing someone realising what had happened.

'One moment, we're broken and then we're fine. We're all one puzzle in the teenage mind' she sings and I write down a small lyric change.

Instead of we're all one puzzle in the teenage mind, we're lost in the puzzle of the teenage mind. We're not the puzzle but we can be lost in our own thoughts sometimes.

'Some boys make the trouble and think they're all it. Constantly in company or thrown to the ditch' I nod my head along as I like the lyrics and comparison of the girls in the first verse.

'And some are just there to have a good time. Ignoring every bit of drama and each little lie' she sings as she presses a button, the small beat appearing again.