A Current Curiosity

'replace fear of the unknown with curiosity'

*****

My heart was racing amongst the thoughts running through my head. 'You're saying it's real?'

'No, of course not honey. Someone has clearly messed with you now that you and Harry are exclusive or whatever' my mum's voice spoke from the phone now on speaker.

I sat down at Harry's desk, both Savannah and Harry on the other side, listening in to the conversation with her that was unfolding. 'It looks pretty real to me. It's got a signature and everything. If this is faked, it's illegal so I either contact this place to get my details done or you tell me what the fuck happened and who my real parents are'

'I will not have this conversation on the phone over the phone. This is ridiculous'

'Just tell me. Am I adopted?'

'Your father is your dad, please know that' my 'mum' said and I knew what was coming next, 'But I'm not your mother' she almost said in a whisper but I couldn't hear the rest, hanging up on her before she could get an explanation out.

'Ciara!' Harry said surprised but all I did in response was walk into our bedroom, grabbing a suitcase and starting to pack, 'What are you doing?'

'If she's not going to explain it over the phone, I'm going to her' I say, packing some clothes for Australia.

'A-Are you sure C? You're mu- Andrea was a horrible person to you' Savannah says while Harry just looked confused.

I hadn't exactly explained the whole abusive relationship to Harry yet, hopefully, I would get around to it on the plane if he wanted to come.

'Wait, what do you mean?' Harry finally spoke up, making me stop packing and turn to him.

'She was abusive and a horrible career for her' Savannah says without a filter.

'Savannah-'

'Sorry' she threw her head into his hands and sat down on the chair that was in the corner of the room.

'She what- I'm coming with you then Ciara. I'm not leaving you alone with her-' Harry suddenly getting protective was very attractive but we had bigger problems to be sorted.

'She didn't hit me Harry' I defend, I wanted him to come of course, but he didn't show any interest before Savannah shared that information.

'It doesn't matter, she still abused you. I'm coming' he says, also grabbing a suitcase.

'OK, well, you're still going out to dinner tonight?' I ask Savannah and she just nods

'Um, yeah, same place but I'm bringing someone...' she mumbles quietly and my mouth drops.

'Shut the fuck up Sav, you have a boyfriend?' I run over to her, wrapping her a bear hug as I feel Harry's eyes of judgement looking at us.

'Maybe. His name is Nick so please be nice' I nod as I let her go and she stands up. 'OK, see you then' I wave goodbye before flopping onto our bed.

'I'm tired of packing' I sigh.

'Your choice of going to Australia' he shrugs and I shoot him a sarcastic glare.

His hand rested on my thigh at the restaurant, waiting for savannah and Nick to arrive. 'She did say 6:30, right?' Harry asks and I nod, checking my phone to see no new messages since Savannah messaged a couple of minutes ago.

'Sav said he's a careful driver so they'll be here in a minute' he sips at his water before my head lifts on cue to see them both walking into the restaurant.

They engage with a small conversation with the sever as Savannah points over to our table and they take over the menus to us. 'Hey' she says with a smile, 'Nick, this is Ciara, my best friend and her boyfriend, Harry' I stand up, giving him a polite hug before Harry gives him a handshake.

'Oh shit, you're Harry Styles' we both awkwardly chuckle as he takes a seat next to him, 'Sorry, didn't mean to scare you off. Fine Line, recent album, was incredible mate' he says genuinely as Harry nods with a smile.

'Thanks, means a lot'

We continue exchanging polite conversation until it came my time to share embarrassing stories of Savannah. She gave me a detailed list of what stories I was not meant to bring up, I could tell she really liked Nick and he was making a good impression so far.

We headed off early, knowing that Harry had contacted his management, organising a private jet to Australia tomorrow morning. I don't know how they do it but I guess that's what you can do with money. I appreciated the thought that Harry didn't want us to be stuck in front of an impatient 7-year old that would be kicking our seat the whole flight.

'So when does the tour start?' I ask, packing the last things of my stuff into the filled suitcase.

'February, so kind of soon' Harry zips up his bag, placing it on the ground.

'At least we'll be back, ready for tour, you know?'

We were both already in our pyjama's and I was soon zipping my suitcase and sliding into bed next to him.