A Current Police Report

Ciara Bird

It felt like an eternity waiting in that room. I was pretty sure I had fallen asleep in the waiting room with Harry. I felt a little nudge, which woke me up clearly to see Evan standing with a couple of pieces of paper in his hands, 'Um, they want to talk to you...' he mumbles and I instantly panicked. 

'What did you tell them?' I immediately sit up.

'No, um. I didn't say anything bad about you. They just need a legal adult to confirm everything. You'll be in there for 10 minutes max' Evan explains and nod, handing my handbag to Harry and then walking towards where a police officer was waiting.

'Hi, you must be Ciara, correct?' she asks and I nod with a small smile, 'No need to freak out. Not that we don't believe Evan but we do need a second-hand source because unfortunately there is no evidence apart from your birth certificate saying you're adopted,'. 

I follow her into the room and I genuinely surprised myself when I stayed calm through all the questions. It was exactly that, just some questions and everything Evan said was very clear and detailed. I added a few things regarding when he went missing twice but they noted that down really quickly. 

Considering I had never been in this situation; in a police station being questioned, and I didn't have Harry by my side, I must say that I was really proud that I didn't manage to have many anxiety symptoms. 

I came out of the room to Harry and Evan talking about god knows what but I had a smile on my face and that seemed to lighten Harry's mood. He pecked my forehead with a kiss before we headed out and drove back to the hotel. It was mostly quiet but Evan surprised us both when he actually made small talk.

We arrived back at the hotel, our room door was open and I heard a vacuum. I walked in to see a maid in the living area, 'Ah, Mr and Mrs Styles, your bigger room is ready. Do you need any assistance in moving your stuff?' she asks and I heard Evan stifle a laugh about her mistaking Harry and I for husband and wife. 

'Oh, no. That's ok. We can move them. It won't take too long,' we share a smile before we all split off to pack up everything roughly. 

The women handed us our new cards, exchanging them for our current ones before heading now the hallway. It felt much bigger already, even though we would only be here for a few more days. I watch as Evan goes to find the second bedroom and I hear him sigh of relief as he falls onto the bed. 

I follow Harry into the main bedroom and start to unpack just a couple of things for the next 4 days. 'So um, I kind of have an idea of where Evan could go after we leave,' I tell Harry as he looks up from his phone.

'Oh yeah? Where are you thinking?'

'Um, well, you remember my grandmother of my real mum? I mean, she's not related to him at all but it's someone for him to go to rather than a foster home for 2 years to be let out onto the streets,' I suggest the idea that had been going around in my head and he nods.

'Well, yeah, I see the point but you're not legally allowed to see her, aren't you? What's your plan of getting them to meet?' Harry asks the questions that I had already planned the answers into my head. 

'I was going to drop him off tomorrow for a day maybe together. I texted her earlier before I fell asleep in the police station but if I explain in the car before and he's up for it...Maybe it could work out...If you're ok with that happening tomorrow.'

'Oh yeah, well I've got some calls to make about tour and stuff but I think that's a good idea. Hopefully, he'll be up for it'  nod, agreeing that it was my worst fear that he wouldn't want anything to do with my real family and would prefer to go to a foster care place but what could I do if that's what he wanted to do?

'Yeah, ok. Um, I'm gonna call the school, saying that it's sick because they really don't need to know the ins and outs right now. Especially considering we're still sorting it out,' he nods and I pull out my phone to go into the new study and tell them. 

'Where is this place? I have school today' Evan looks towards the place that Julia had messaged to me.

'Um, this is my real grandmother's house. I'm going to explain it to you all now and then if you decide you don't want to do it...We can leave but long story short i lied to your school and your sick today so' he slightly chuckles at my bluntness and I look towards the house again, 'Inside, is my grandmother. Her name is Julia. I made contact with her the day that you ran away- the first time and she told me legally, we can't meet because of some legal adoption bound. But, Harry and I are leaving a couple of days and we can't take you home to LA with us so I thought staying with her would be a better option than a foster home.'

'She's not even related to me...' Evan looks back to the house where I could see an older woman peeking through the blinds. 

'I know but she's really sweet and I thought you might want to spend today with her and then make a decision later on. Whatever you want'

'Um, yeah, alright. I guess...' he unbuckles his seatbelt and leans over to get this bag from the back seat. 

'Really? I mean- Um, text me whenever you get sick of her and are ready to leave, ok?' he nods and I could tell he was definitely trying to keep a positive mindset on this. 

The door opens after a couple of seconds of Evan waiting and he goes in after Julia and I wave goodbye to each other. I knew where I was heading next.

I sat in front of the grave, disappointed that he wasn't here to see what had happened. 'I'm sorry dad...I wish you were still here...But I've got a boyfriend...His name is Harry...I love him, I'm sure you would too.' I mumble random words to him but I didn't feel stupid since there was no one else in the cemetery.

'I think I'm doing the right thing for Evan, I would hope so anyway. I feel like things are setting in just right now so if it's not meant to be...someone will throw something in the way,'

I felt a vibration in my pocket. I pull it out to see Evan's message, "I want to move in". I smile to myself before speaking again, 'Thanks for the sign dad'.

_____

so the next chapter will be the last, unfortunately. I've kind of lost the motivation and love for the story line so I've decided to cut it sort so I can republish my new one that I am super excited about.

hugs and kisses xx