twenty-five

"Remember when we first met?" ••"NO! Let me go! Let me fucking go, NOW!" Baby cried out

••
"NO! Let me go! Let me fucking go, NOW!" Baby cried out.

In front of her was a boy bleeding out and being taken away on a hospital stretcher. The blonde girl sobbed out loudly, Ray picking her up from the ground.

"It's okay Baby..." Ray whispered in Baby's ear as he held the smaller girl.

Kiko rubbed Baby's back softly, trying to calm her best friend down.

"Calm down Baby... you're gonna make yourself sick love..." Kiko told her, having tears in her eyes as well.

The three of them looked up when the door slammed along with footsteps. Fourth grade, Ruben, and Stevie stood in front of them with sadden looks on their faces.

"Well...I got the keys. We should head to the hospital." Fourth grade suggested with the keys in his hand.

When the group of teenagers arrived into the quiet hospital, all of the attention was on them. Not because of how young they looked but also because Baby still had blood on her hands and knees.

"How can I help you?"  The young lady at the desk asked.

"I need to see someone." Kiko answered.

The lady stared at Kiko then at the rest of the group.

"Name?"

"Andre. Andre Simmons." Ray answered quickly, since nobody really knew his real name at all.

"He's in the emergency room right now."

"Well do you know when he's going to be out?" Baby asked shyly.

The lady stared at her, looking Baby up and down once again before shaking her head.

"Sorry...I'll try get answers as soon as I can, okay?" The lady said with a sad tone.

Baby nodded, beginning to walk over to the sitting area with the rest of the group. Kiko grabbed Baby's attention as she took a hold of her hand with a softened smile.

"It's gonna be okay Baby..." Stevie assured Baby.

"I wish this never happened..." Baby answered with tears in her eyes.

Ray stood up and walked over to Baby from his seat. The taller boy held out his hand for Baby to grab.

"Let's go talk outside, It'll be good for you..." Ray suggested.

Baby sighed, standing up and taking his hand as they walked outside. The two of them sat on a small bench outside of the hospital. Silence lingered between them before Baby finally spoke.

"I never wanted to be in a position like this again..." Baby whispered.

Ray looked over at Baby, confusion in his eyes.

"You know...the last time this happened was when my brother died." Baby laughed sadly.

"I thought that was my fault too...this would've never happened to Fuck shit if I wasn't such a slu-" Baby continued before Ray cut her off.

"Don't even say that shit Baby."

Ray grabbed both sides of Baby's face, forcing her to look at him with tears in her hazel eyes.

"You're like my little sister whatever happened tonight wasn't your fault and I don't want you beating yourself up about it, okay?" Ray told her.

Baby nodded, tears blurring her vision of Ray's face.

"We're gonna get through this like the strong people we are, okay?" Ray continues with tears filling his eyes.

Baby nodded, laying her head into his chest sobbing loudly. Ray brushed the younger girl's hair out of her face, continuing to hold her close like it was his little brother.

"We've been through so much shit...but this...we're gonna get through this shit strong. Okay?" Ray kept on assuring Baby as she cried.

"Guys..." A voice interrupted softly.

The two turned around and locked eyes with Stevie, standing there quietly.

"Fuck shit woke up..."

••
Word count: 614💗
A/N: um, hi? i know it's been a while but i've jus been dealin wit a lot of family shit buh i mean i'm back :') so the next chapter will definitely be the last so jus be prepared. thank you for all the support on this book, i really appreciate it to the fullest.
~Amanee🤎