Chapter 17

Rowan's POV

I finally told her. "I'm Sparky," I repeat, hoping she has any ounce of understanding of what I mean.

Her beautiful face scrunches up in confusion, not grasping the concept. "But you're not a dog... are you?" She asks suspiciously, as if she believes I might be a dog.

"I'm not a dog, but rather a wolf. A werewolf." If possible, she looks even more confused, probably not recognising the terms I'm saying.

"What does that mean?" She asks in a curious voice, being more open to the idea than I expected.

"It means I shift into a wolf... or a large dog... but I can also stay in human form. I was in wolf form when I first met you, as Sparky." Hoping my explanation makes sense to her, I wring my hands together in nervousness, hoping she doesn't reject me.

"So... you are Sparky?" I nod at her question. She smiles, confusing me. "So my first and second friend are the same people?"

Laughing at what she decides to point out, I say, "Yes, we are the same."

She hums, thinking something over in that pretty little mind of hers. She voices her thoughts aloud, "What are we? Are we really friends? I don't think friends kiss... My parents kissed and they were more than friends."

I sigh, hoping I could explain this to her later. I don't want her to be overwhelmed. "You are my mate." Seeing her questioning look, I continue, "We are soulmates, made for each other. You are my other half. We were made to be perfect for each other, and we have an unbreakable bond made by the moon goddess."

Sophia nods, seeming to understand my rambling. She looks up to me with eyes filled with longing before she steps closer. "What do mates do?"

Taking this as acceptance, I smile brightly, before explaining the mate bond to her. "Mates kiss, like we have been doing, but they also bite each other's necks to complete the next step of the bond. It is called marking, and it leaves a bite mark on your neck forever, showing others that you are mated. Then you finalize the bond, by having sex."

I am shocked to hear her next question. "Sex?"

Oh no. Her parents must have kept the sex ed talk from her, meaning I have to explain it to her. "You might want to sit down." I explain what sex is and how babies are made. She looks grossed out but nods along. I feel weird explaining this to my mate, but seeing her cute face look at me with a blush is worth it.

Once I am finished, I motion her to ask any questions she has. "How does it work... between two girls?" I almost choke on my spit at that, flustered that she is asking it so bluntly.

"I'll show you whenever you are ready," I reassure, not wanting to describe it to her right now.

"Okay!" She seems oddly excited to know how to do it, which makes my cheeks heat up.

"Are you ready to collect your stuff?" I ask with a soft tone. She nods solemnly, before taking my hand and walking me into the house. We go in through the unlocked back door, and make our way to her room. She starts collecting her stuff, putting it in the boxes we brought, before saying she is done. Nodding, she makes her way to her parents' room. "Do you want me to wait out here to give you some time alone?"

All she does is nod, before opening her parents' room and closing the door shut behind her.