Chapter 11: Kacchan's first look into Leukemia

Izuku Pov:

It was morning and I heard noise from the door. When I looked over I saw my two good friends, Oh Toga and Mirio, did you shave your head too? Kacchan was already awake; he seemed confused by the others in the doorway. We brought donuts!!! Toga announced as they entered my room. I was so happy to see them but they know better than to bring me donuts before chemo. We all sat down about to dig in Kacchan still having no clue on what was going on so I took the initiative. Kacchan this is Toga and Mirio I met them the first time coming here they also have cancer. He shook his head and said hi. Him and Mirio hit it off great. Toga was cautious about him. As soon as I picked up a donut like on a que or something nurse Lucy walked in, what is this you all know that there is no artificial sugar intake before chemo do you want to get sick? No ma'am we said in unison before she took our breakfast away. Kacchan looked at me with an unreadable expression, Kacchan what is it? Its nothing so when is your chemo? He asked with worry laced over his voice. This will be Kacchan's first time experiencing chemo and it will be his first time having to see me suffer the after effects first hand. I will be having my chemo in 30 minutes and luckily Toga and Mirio have chemo with me so there is nothing to worry over I promise. After talking and getting to know each other some more and about our diagnoses, nurse Lucy came back in to prep us for chemo. I knew that Kacchan didn't like seeing me poked and prodded so I asked him to step out for a moment, Kacchan do you want to step out I know you don't like this? He shook his head, no I want to stay with you it's the least I can do. I nodded understanding that he wanted to be here. Nurse Lucy started the process waving the other two to their rooms to get ready then began giving me anti nausea meds and sticking me along with setting the machens up. Now Midoryia this will be a 6 hour chemo session so please pess yourself after you may eat and go to the hangout room with the others. Once I was prepped we went to the area with others doing their chemo sitting in a U shape getting treated. Kacchan stayed with me, we talked and did some homework together. He even let me lay my head on him as I was starting to feel sick from the chemo. Toga was netting and doing online work the whole time with Mirio watching netflix on his phone and reading comic books to pass the time. After the 6 hours of complet torture I was overcome with exation Kacchan walked me back to my room and helped me into the bed he layed us under the covers. We fell asleep cuddling some time past and I began to get hit with these hot flashes and began to vomit. Kacchan woke up just in time to push my head to the other side so I vomited on the floor next to us and not on him then he pressed the nurses call button on the hospital bed remote. Nurse Lucy and two others came in assisting me and cleaning up my mess then kacchan went over to our bag getting me a change of clothes. Nurse Lucy told me and Kacchan that this was going to continue for a while so Kacchan helped me take a shower. He was gentle cotiouse to not hurt me then he walked me back to the bed I was tiered but coulded sleep due to my sweating and nausea so instead Kacchan set up netflix and had one of the nurses bring us sprite and crackers. It was hard for Kacchan to see me so weak and it was worse when I was in discomfort and he couldn't help me but he did a lot and I am grateful.

Katsuki Pov:

It was my first time seeing what it was like in Izuku's shoes. It was hell on me. The fact that he was hooked up to so many machens getting fluids and chemo pumped into him broke my heart. I tried my best to help him or to distract him the best I could. The chemo session took hours. We spent the time doing work, talking, or him napping on me. Meeting the others helped a little knowing that Izuku wasn't alone. After the chemo was done we went back to his room and laid down taking a nap until Izuku woke up with a high fever throwing up everywhere. I was too scared and worried to be disgusted at the fact he was vomiting over everything I felt horrible cause there was nothing I could do. I called for the nurse and nurse Lucy and some others came to the help assisting Izuku and cleaning up everything. Luckily I was untouched so I walked over to the suitcase taking some spare clothes out for Izuku and then helped him in the shower the nurse told us that he would be going through the chemo after effects hard for a while so to watch him I said yes. In the shower Izuku seemed weak so I bathed him gently not to bruise or hurt him then got him dressed. I know that Izuku is extremely independent to the fact that I had to assist him in this way and the nurses had to help to really bothered him. He never wanted anyone to see him weak. I am the same way but the fact that he has been going through this and still seemed to find ways to smile and have a good time proved to me that even if he needed help every now and then he was the strongest out of the two of us. We went back to bed after everything settled but Izuku couldn't sleep so instead I had a nurse bring him a sprite and crackers to help with his nausea. This went on for the rest of the day; it wasn't until dinner time that Izuku could manage on his own. He was walking around the room and eating actral food. I was overjoyed to watch him then one of his buddies walked in. It was the guy Mirio, Hey Izu, how are you feeling? Izuku smiled sheepishly at him, I'm doing good now thanks to Kacchan. Well if that is so how about you and your boyfriend come meet some of us in the hang out center nurse Lucy is setting up the karaoke mation and the little ones are going to put on a show for us. Izuku agreed on going and looked at me with puppy eyes knowing that I would say yes to going . We walked to the room they kept calling the hang out center inside was a bunch of little kids, some teens and some people in their twenties. I can't believe that little kids are here? It was hard to comprehend the fact that Izuku had cancer. Now I am told that little kids can get it. I feel like I don't know anything that I should.