Rhysand-After the War

POV: 

You're training at the House of Wind in the middle of the night because you can't sleep. Rhysand comes to see why you're not in bed,and you two work things out. Just a cute little fluff imagine :)

Y/N  POV

I stamp my left foot hard onto the ground and bring the Illyrian blade in my hands down across my body in a swift motion; then, kneeling, I turn and thrust the sword out directly in front of me. It was two in the morning and I couldn't sleep, thoughts running wild in my head. Being High Lady wasn't easy, there were a million things to do every day and a million more the next. But despite that I loved my people, and frustrated myself when I got too tired to help every single one of them. 

It had only been a month since the war had ended and I should have adjusted to my new life. Rhysand has been a big help, stepping in when I wasn't sure of how to do something or if there was a difficult citizen demanding something of me. But no matter how hard I try I never feel good enough. I feel as if I'm failing the people of Velaris, the Inner Circle, and Rhys. But I wouldn't talk to Rhys, I couldn't, he seemed so happy lately and if I told him how I felt he would do everything to take the burden from me onto himself which would exhaust him. 

I slash through the air again and again, practicing the moves Cassian had taught me and let out a frustrated grunt when I step wrong and hurt my ankle. I fall to the floor and grab my leg biting down a scream in pain. 

'My love?' I hear Rhys's gentle voice from behind me. 'What happened? Why are you up?' he asks kneeling down beside me. 

'I couldn't sleep,' I tell him as he takes my swollen ankle in his hands and uses his power to heal it. 

'Why?'

I sigh, 'I just don't feel tired.'

'I know that's not the truth,' he tells me. 'When you're frustrated you leave your wall down. I saw your thoughts. Why didn't tell me you felt like this?' 

'Because I was scared you would try and take it upon yourself and end up exhausted. You've been so happy lately and I didn't want to ruin that.' I blurt out. There was no point in hiding it any longer.

'Sweetheart, you are my happiness. How can I not try to fix what makes you upset?' 

'But you always do it on your own! We're supposed to work as a team!' I yell. Wow, I didn't know I was this upset.

Rhysand sighs and sits down beside me. 'Ever since the war ended we've been so busy putting everything and everyone else back together that I think we've forgotten to put ourselves back together too.' He says. 'And you're right, we need to learn to work together better, instead of putting everything on ourselves instead. I'm sorry.'

As he speaks I feel as if a great burden is being lifted off my chest. I take his hand and look deep into his violet eyes. 'No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I should've just spoken to you instead of keeping it all in. I was just so afraid of taking away your happiness.'

He brushed his hand against my cheek. 'You could never take away my happiness.'

I smile and bring him in for a kiss. His lips are soft and warm against my own. After a few moments we pull away and catch our breath. It's only then that I realize Rhys is only wearing pants; his top half and feet completely bare. 

'That ankle is still gonna hurt for a few days,' he says and scoops me up bridal style. 'Better not risk damaging it further.' I giggle as he leads us back to our room.

When we arrive I hear the sound of water running and Rhysand leads us into the bathroom. H sets me down on the counter and puts his hand in the water to test it. Then he starts swirling his hand through the water as a dark, shimmering substance emerges from his fingers. He switches off the water and turns to me. 'I've put some healing magic into the water to help you muscles and to calm your mind.'

'Thank you,' I smile at him and he turns around to let me undress.

Even though we are married he is still a gentleman. 

I take off my sweaty leathers and get into the warm water. I moan softly as I immediately relax.

Hearing my movements Rhysand turns and kneels at the side of the tub. He takes a cloth and lathers it with soap and starts washing my body. When he's done with that he motions for me to lie down in the water and washes my hair. His movements make me feel so relaxed that I close my eyes and nearly fall asleep, but before I can he gently lifts my head out of the water and helps me stand up. He dries me with a towel, and wraps it around me, picking me up bridal style again and walking out into the bedroom. I feel sleepy and rest my head against his shoulder. 

When we reach the bed he sets me down on it and goes to my wardrobe, taking out a pair of pajamas and helps me to put it on. Then he puts me under the covers and gets in beside me, bringing me close to him. He wraps his arm around my waist and rubs soothing circles on my stomach. 'Better?' He whispers. I hum in approval and feel my eyelids grow heavy. Right before I fall asleep Rhys sends a something through the bond. Three words. I love you. I send the words back across the bond and slip into a warm, peaceful sleep.

Hey lovelies :) so here is the first imagine. I just wanted something really cute and fluffy because Rhys is such a cinnamon roll. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed it and I promise to update as soon as I can!