Part 4

Since that time the library you had unknowingly began to find yourself sharing Taeil's presence more and more. Sometimes both of you would study together, he on cultivating and you on whatever your teacher Doyoung assigned you to study. Taeil even helped you with your studies that Kun-ge was in charge of from WayV, though some of it even Taeil was unfamiliar with. You saved those questions for when you got back to WayV again.

Today though you had wandered down the kitchen for a snack after finishing up your studies for the day.

"Oppa!" you exclaimed upon seeing Taeyong in the kitchen wearing an apron. You knew that dinner would be a few hours but you were surprised to see Taeyong beginning dinner so soon.

Taeyong smiled, "Y/N-ah! Are you finished studying?"

"Yea, for now", you said pulling out a yogurt and taking a seat at the island, "Do you need help?"

"Jaehyun will be down in an hour or so to help me so you don't have to, if you don't want to."

"I don't mind. That is if you trust me in the kitchen and I can finish this", you laughed holding up your yogurt.

"Take your time. And after you're finished, since you're insistent, you can chop up the tomatoes."

"Deal."

A comfortable silence reigned as you finished your yogurt and tossed it before washing your hands and beginning to work on the tomatoes. Not much was said except to get Taeyong's approval in various places. You ended up doing all of the chopping and was handing the last bit to Taeyong as he spoke, "Y/N-ah, do you have feelings for me?"

You were glad that you were washing your hands and had nothing to drop as this unexpected question. You turned back to him, picking up the towel to wipe your hands, "That's...very direct."

Taeyong's grey eyes pierced yours, ears twitching slightly, as his tail whipped behind him once, "Do you?"

"Do you?" You returned. He had been a "maybe" a little over two months ago. You were never quite sure what he felt or if he felt since.

Taeyong's eyes dropped to the floor before looking back at you. Finally he slowly shook his head and said slowly, "No. I don't. I realize now. You are my pack sister but that's all. Besides....." his eyes looked troubled.

"Is it about Taeil Oppa?" you asked softly.

Taeyong nodded, "We promised not to push you and we will adhere to that. It's just, I truly believe that what Hyung feels is real mate feelings. I don't want to get in the way of that. I know he was insistent I don't back away on his account but I know now. I don't have feelings other than being your pack brother and alpha."

You smiled, "Me neither. I like you as a brother."

You could see the tension in Taeyong's shoulders eased and he gave a smile, "That's good. I'm glad."

You grinned.