Part 11

How long has it been now?

How much longer would you have to suffer with these psychos? You had a sweet dream awhile back, where you swore you heard Taeil's voice. He said to call out to him and he would come. You tried. You thought you did. You hoped you did. You hoped he heard you. Was it really him? You weren't sure. It seemed reality and fantasy blurred so much now. You wanted to go home so desperately.

But then suddenly you felt a burst of energy, filling your chest, like an array of hope. It vanished as quickly as it came. Did you imagine it? Did you imagine Taeil's vow that he would come? You weren't sure but you clung to that. It was the only sane point you had amidst this insanity taking place.

"Are you still depressed, my pet?"

You tensed at the voice and the arms that picked you up to cradle you. You could only glared up at Kai who looked concerned. "Is this too much for you?"

You just stared at him. Why waste breath on such a question? He reached up and ran the back of his hand down your cheek making you snap away from him as best you could.

Kai looked at you intently before suddenly grinning, "I know what would make you feel better!"

In response you curled your lips inwards making him laugh. "You are so cute when you do that. That is not an effective tactic should I want to kiss you and believe me I do. But it's more fun when you want it too."

You didn't bother telling him that you would never want it. There were only so many ways you could repeat yourself.

"Is she awake now?"

You tensed even more despite being in Kai's arms. You never thought you'd say it but you'd rather deal with Kai than Baekhyun.

Kai pouted as he looked up at Baekhyun. He held you closer to him, "Hyung. Stop it, please."

Baekhyun only smiled, "I'm sorry but she is so much fun to play with. Let me play with her for awhile." He grinned, "I promise to give all the pieces back."

Kai dared to growl, making Baekhyun waved his arms, "Alive! Alive! She will be alive!!"

Kai brooded, "You were the one that warned me that we needed to be careful. Are you breaking your own rules now?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "No, but it's not my fault I developed an obession about her as well. I will be careful."

Kai took a moment before he responded, still holding you protectively against his chest, "You know that it's difficult to be careful for us. Any little move could make the entire tower crumble."

"Are you lecturing me, now?" asked Baekhyun goodnaturedly.

Kai shook his head, "I would not dare."

Baekhyun stretched out his arms, "Good, now give her to your Hyung!"

You clung to Kai. Every time Baekhyun played with you, it always ended up with more of your sanity gone. "Please...." you begged into Kai's ear.

Despite this, Kai pulled you back, "I have to share with my Hyungs. It's only right. I'll be back later. Be good for me." He leaned down and kissed you on the forehead.

His lips passed your ear once, "Be strong, my pet."

And then he stood and walked away without a backwards glance. You looked up a Baekhyun terrified.

He only grinned. "Now, we can have some fun."

"