Part 9

Jeno was about three quarters ready to go crazy so he could only imagine how Taeil felt. He felt responsible that he was unable to defend Noona. Those men came into their house as if it was nothing. How they managed to get past the defenses was beyond him. Taeil surmised that one of them might have the ability to bind the trees in such a manner that they cannot talk and alert the compound in the way they normally could have. There was such a power? But that didn't matter. What mattered was they managed to snatch Noona from where you should have been saftest.

They quickly managed to subdue the Dreamies before they could even put up a decent fight. It was only Jeno's sheer willpower that when he was tossed through the balcony that he didn't pass out from the force of their energy. As he watched them walk out of the front door and he forced himself to his feet. The one with green hair was carrying their Noona. When he managed to stumble out the door, they turned to face him.

"Wow!" the red haired demon murmured.

Chen growled, "How is he still standing?" He had been a fierce opponent that might have terrified him had he not have cultivated Yin energy.

Chanyeol was the only one a little anxious. They had played enough, "We need to go. My energy is about up. I can't hold them back too much longer."

Jeno growled his eyes on your form, "Give me Noona back!"

Suho sauntered to the front, "We are taking Noona now. She is ours. You'd best to forget her. You will never find her again. We will take care of her." He threw the last bit to Kai, "Won't we?"

Kai grinned lifting you up to nuzzle your cheek with his, "Of course. She's mine now."

Jeno saw red then and allowed it to wash over him. How dare he take such liberties with you! With a roar, Jeno's claws extended and he ran towards them. Suho raised his hand and merely flicked his wrist and Jeno went flying his back slamming into a tree.

He tried not to pass out, his vision fuzzy.

Suho kneeled down and Jeno saw his smirk, "You get full marks from me, boy. My regards."

And then Jeno's vision went black.

It would be two days later before the Dreamies managed to wake up from their fight with Exo. As soon as Exo left, the trees went haywire screaming and waking up all of NCT. They rushed to the Dreamies and found them all passed out and you missing. Some of the younger NCT tended to the Dreamies while Taeyong, Taeil and Johnny followed the trail as far back as they could. They got quite far before suddenly the trail disappeared. Their scent, their energy, everything vanished as if they were ghosts in the night. It would be another day before they returned unable to find the next path to take.

All the while, Taeyong watched Taeil like a hawk. Since that moment they discovered you were gone, Taeil had gone stone cold silent. His eyes hardened and his claws came out digging into his skin. The only emotion he had displayed when he found out you were gone was to throw his head back and roar. All of NCT heard it and shivered at the dark promise in their Hyung's roar. The Dreamies were truly out of it, if even that didn't wake them. They exchanged glances promising within themselves to bring you back home. After his roar was spent Taeil went silent.

"We will get her back, Hyung", Taeyong vowed. No one was going to take from NCT and get away with it. You were family and they would not let you go without a fight. They wouldn't let you go at all.

Johnny slammed his fist into his open hand, "Who do I have to kill? That is all I want to know."

Two days later, Jeno was the first to wake up. He told NCT all that he could remember from that night. As the rest woke up they got a more clearer picture of what had happened. Jaemin went cold to know that you were gone from them. Taken like a baby from their mother's arms. His fangs lengthed. He couldn't help it as his eyes flashed. Renjun slammed his hand on the table, his breath ragged. For once Chenle was silent, his fangs digging into his lips. He wanted blood. Their blood. And gone was the little boy that Jisung could be and in his place a feral animal. He snarled, his claws lengthening, his tail snapping back and forth. Who did he have to kill to get Noona back? That was all that he wanted to know. They had to get Noona back. No one took Noona from them.

No one.

Jeno's voice was rough, "We should have protected Noona better."

Taeil held up his hand before they could get started but said nothing.

Instead Taeyong spoke, "It's not your fault. They managed to trick us all. Your hyungs have some responsibility as well. They were good. Too good."

Jaehyun looked around the pack, "But how? How were they able to do all of this? Even WayV couldn't have done such a thing?"

"They cultivated Yin energy."

At Taeil's voice everyone paused at what he said.

"Yin energy? Then...." Doyoung couldn't even finish the thought.

Taeil breathed, "That's how. Their obsession gives them a kind of power that no one else has. Not in the manner that they are able to use it in."

Mark looked around. He just wanted an order to do something. Anything was better than doing nothing, "What do we do?"

They decided to do a blind search. It was better than sitting around. They started from where the trail went cold and searched in all directions. But at the end of the day when they met back up, no one could find anything.

And that was three days ago. Three days since they started and five days since you were taking from them. It was as if they and you had vanished from this world.

Jeno slammed the bottom of his foot into a tree. How could you just disappear like his? Even trying to scent you did not help. That had vanished as well.

At another pack meeting everyone had gathered around. Blind searching had not gone very well.

"What do we do now?" Doyoung asked quietly.

Jungwoo shoulder sunk, "I hope that Y/N-ah is well."

Jaehyung smirked but it was empty, "Our Y/N-ah, I'm sure will not go down without a fight."

Taeil blinked twice, breathing. It has been five days now, almost a week. When he discovered you were gone, something cold washed over him but he shoved it aside, focusing his energy on the hunt. They managed to trace their energy before it vanished into thin air. Taeil communed with the trees for some time hoping for information but they only had so much to give. Most had been bound and unable to sense in a way that they normally did.

Focusing on trying to find you gave him a sense of action. And a way to ignore the gnawing that had grown from the moment he discovered your absence. Something was bubbling within him He needed to get you back.

His claws dug into his hand, it's pain the only thing stabilizing him. Something was unleashing in the pit of his stomach. He would get you back. Even if you never accepted him as a mate it was unacceptable that you weren't here.

But the longer it took to find you the more this feeling was growing. It threatened to take hold of him, especially since these days had yielded not even a crumb.

"Hyung?"

Taeyong's hand on his shoulder was not helping.

Why was this feeling growing stronger? What was this feeling? Anger....helplessness. They needed to find you but how? How could they when the trail was gone cold?

Yuta was becoming anxious, "What's wrong with him?"

"I'm not sure! Hyung!" Taeyong shook him once, desperation tinging the edge of his voice. But to Taeil, his Alpha's voice seemed far away. Even as he tried to focus on it, he couldn't.

Taeil reached up and gripped his chest. And then suddenly the feeling spilled out making him scream.

It was a mercy when he finally passed out.