Part 6

You walked leisurely through the forest, occasionally stopping to glance at the canopy overhead or admire the flowers. There were times you appreciated being alone. Before long you came to the river. You had never been across the river and out of NCT terrority. You had seen the maps and knew where the end of NCT and WayV territory was. That was as far as you had been. You briefly wondered what existed over the river but you really had no desire to find out. You were safe and comfortable in the sphere that you existed. In reality you feared going outside of that sphere. Although you liked your alone time, you did not know how to exist outside of that sphere. You didn't know anything about it.

You sunk down to your knees and dipped your hand into the water. It was cool to the touch and you gave a small smile before cupping your hand and bringing it to your lips and drink. It tasted refreshing making your smile widen.

But then suddenly a chill went down your spine making your head snap up. You eyed your surroundings warily before standing.

When you turned, you knocked into someone and it set off your natural instinct honed by both Johnny and Ten.

You swung your fist.

"I didn't mean to frighten you."

The familiar voice gave you pause. Taeil gave a sheepish grin, "I'm sorry. I should have announced my presence."

You heaved a sigh, your right eye twitching, "Oppa!!"

"Sorry."

You waved it away. You didn't expect for Taeil to sneak up on you. You gave him a baleful glare. He straightened from his ducked pose.

"I can see you have been well trained."

You just shrugged, "But I doubt I could last in a fight with the supernatural. They are stronger than me."

"Very true but sometimes the fight is not determined by strength alone."

"Both Johnny Oppa and Ten-ge say the same."

"Did they say that you are smart?"

Your mouth twitched, "They might have mentioned something like that about something like that."

Taeil eyes danced, "Well then."

After a moment the both of you couldn't help but to burst out laughing. Once your shared laughter died away you asked, "How did you find me? You scent me?"

You weren't too far away from the glade even still to be able to find your exact position would have required a bit of looking.

Taeil shook his head, "No. They told me."

You followed his pointed finger and only saw trees. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked back at him.

"The trees", he answered.

You blinked, "The trees?"

Taeil nodded, "I suppose it's never been mentioned but I can hear the voice of nature around me. The trees and flowers. They speak to me. They just directed me to you."

"Sooo, trees talk now?"

Taeil shook his head, "No but if you are in tune you can hear their voices."

You looked over at one, "So they speak Korean?"

Taeil laughed, "Well, I suppose you could say that. But it's more feelings and impressions than actual words."

Curiously you asked, "Can they understand me?"

Taeil nodded, "In a manner of speaking but not all trees can. Those trees that exist where the supernatural does usually are able to exercise their voice. Those that are around humans will probably lose it. The supernatural can tap into their energy but in different ways. For me it's more potent as if it's a language."