Part 14

A scream tore from your lips as you jackknifed straight up in the bed you were in.

You were currently safe back at NCT's compound for the last several hours. Once the two of you pulled away, you allowed Taeil to pick you up and carry you. He didn't put you down until you were firmly back in their terrority. But even then you couldn't help but to tighten your arms around him to his surprise. So Taeil didn't put you back down until you were back at the compound. Your Dreamie's kept a constant stream of chatter that helped keep your mind off of the past.

Even back at the compound you realized very quickly that besides a select few most gave you a wide berth. You were happy about that. You knew NCT but for some reason, it was too overwhelming to deal with.

At any other time, the amount of fussing that the Dreamies did over you would have long made you start batting them away. As such it barely phased you. You were pretty sure if they weren't guys there would have been someone with you when you got a shower. You told them that you could handle it. They were anxious as you still seemed to be pretty weak so they ended up running a bath so you could sit down and then exited saying they would be outside your room door, a holler away. The room you used at the NCT compound had its own bathroom. After you managed your bath and changed into your pjs, you called them back in.

Jeno promptly ordered you to bed while Chenle and Jisung fluffed your pillows. Renjun had seen to getting you fed, bringing the food when it was ready while Jaemin insisted on feeding you. And then you started getting sleepy. Renjun sang a sweet lullaby allowing you to drift into sweet dreams.

Until those sweet dreams turned into horrible nightmares. 

Shadows danced before your eyes, laughing. You batted them away furiously until you fell from the bed just as the door slammed open. You weren't aware of the pain as still you fought them.

"Noona!!" Jeno cried rushing towards you.

"Get away from me!!" you screamed as if hellhounds were upon you swiping furiously in front of you.

You couldn't see Jeno. All you saw were those horrible shadows.

Jeno reached for you but you scrambled away.

"Leave me alone!!" You sobbed, "Why won't you leave me alone!!"

"Noona! You're okay! You are home now!" Jeno cried.

You slapped your hands over your ears, "Go away! I won't listen to you!"

Jaemin shoved Jeno aside and tried reaching for you, "Noona!"

You lifted your head at the voice, "Jaemin-ah?"

"Noona!" Jisung cried anxiously, "What's wrong?"

You stiffened, tears pouring from you like a river, "They'll get me again. Jaemin-ah. They'll take me away!!"

Jaemin wrapped his arms around you and cried fiercely, "No one will take you away. I promise you!"

"Noona, Jaemin is right! We will never allow it!" Renjun added. Chenle nodded but said nothing.

"What's wrong with her?" Jisung asked, tears beginning to spill, just then Taeyong came rushing into the room.

Taeyong crossed the distance and kneeled next to you. You had calmed but still sobbed in Jaemin's embrace. He reached out to touch you, "Y/N-ah?"

Terrified you screamed and clutched for dear life on Jaemin. Jaemin's eyes flashed red and he pushed Taeyong back baring his fangs, just as Taeil entered.