Chapter 2

Keades pov
Time skip to gym

I couldn't believe what I just heard. He wants us to kill each other. There's no way we'd ever do that! We all looked though the crazy rules that kept going on and on. I was internally freaking out but HE was completely calm.

"a killing game huh? That sounds interesting."the green haired boy said. Interesting! How could he say that?!

" when you think about it our situation is a bit like chess." Kokichi said deep in thought "the bigger players sacrifice the pawns and then we use strategy based tactics to try and win. This will repeat until only the Queen, knights and Bishop are left standing"

"hey quit talking about our situation like its a game" kaito yelled "we aren't pawns we're people!"

"oh I suppose that did sound a bit heartless" kokichi said guiltily "my apologies I just tend to understand things better when I compere them to chess." kaitos eyes softened at the boys apologie but they hardened again once rantaro spoke.

"no need to apologise your way of thinking is completely right"

"huh?"

"this is all just a game. Pawns will be used to help bigger players escape and bodies will hit the floor and I for one can't wait!" he had a sadistic grin on his face. Is he serious about wanting a killing game.

Kaito grabbed rantaro by the collar and lifted him up.

" you sick son of a bicth how dare you take everyone's lives so lightly "kaito yelled in his face but rantaro kept grinning.

" your all strangers to me so why should I care what happened anyone" rantaro said coldly

"keep talking like that and I'll make you victim number 1!"

"STOP FIGHTING!!!" I yelled at the top of my voice. Thankfully this caught everyone attention even rantaro and kaitos.

*Insurt keades motivational speech here *

Thankfully everyone was motivated by my speech and agreed to look for a way out. Gonta even thinks he found a secret tunnel so everyone goes to check that out. Well everyone except me, shuichi, rantaro, kokichi and kaito. Rantaro walked up to me grinning. Oh no.

"that was quite the speech you delivered." rantaro said smugly "but I'd be careful if I were you. I doubt the mastermind likes you motivating everyone to work together. If you keep this up your going to die"

"hey! Who the hell do you think you are threatening a girl" kaito said charging up to the boy.

"Well I best be on my way. Goodbye keade" rantaro rushed out of the gym before kaito could catch him.

"damn that basturds fast" kaito muttered.

I noticed that kokichi looked upset. Feeling worried for the boy I approached him.

"what's up kichi" I ask him. He signed.

"I started that awful fight. If I had just kept my mouth shut none of this would have happened. I'm sorry" kokichi said tearfully

"hey don't blame yourself kid that guys a asshole I bet he would have said something like that regardless of what you say" kaito said reassuringly. Kokichi looked up at him in shock

"you really don't blame me for what happened?" kokichi gave a small bow "thank you! I have trouble understanding people so I sometimes say things that are inappropriate. I'm relieved that I did not offend anyone"

"see no need to beat yourself up about it" I smiled at the checkered boy "we're all going to get out of this place together and I'll even play chess with you. Heck I'll even get all sixteen of us to take part in a ultimate chess tournament!"

The checkered boys eyes lit up at that.

"OK in that case let's get out of here as soon as possible" kokichi said skipping out the door.

"he's a oddball but he's pretty sweet" kaito muttered and honestly I agreed. Once we get out of here I'm going to make friends with everyone. Maybe even rantaro.