Chapter 7

Shuichis pov

Monokuma had just given out the second motive in the form of videos tape. We had all agreed that it's best if we don't watch them. Well all except rantaro who wanted us to watch them together in order to get the ball rolling.

I sat on my bed, holding the tape in trembling hands. Should I watch it? I know we promised we wouldn't but I can't help but wonder what's in that tape. Curiosity got the better of me and I played the tape.

But the tape wasn't about me it was about kaito! Weird the tapes must have got switched. The tape went on to explain how kaitos grandparents are the most important thing to him and hinted at the end that they might be in danger. How horrible! There's no way I can show this to kaito.

Then as if summoned kaito knocked on the door.

"hey sidekick let me in I need to talk to you about something" I opened the door to reveal kaitos nervous face.

"kaito are you -"

"listen sidekick" kaito cut me off "I watched the tape I know we promised not to but I couldn't help myself" kaito looked at the ground guilty.

"it's ok kaito I watched mine too" kaito looked relieved at my words.

"well I need you to watch this tape with me" kaito pushed past me, not waiting for an answer and played the tape.

"Umm ok" I said taking a seat next to him.

The screen turned on showing a young boy with a checkered neckerchief.

Kokichi!

"young kokichi ouma was a child genius but of course that genius came at a price. Given his odd nature and intelligence no one wanted to be his friend."

The screen showed kokichi being mercilessly teased.

"the boy genius lived a lonely life with only his mum to keep him company. The boy spent most of his time playing strategy based games to help fill the emptiness in his heart"

The screen then flashed to a younger kokichi playing chess by himself.

"but it seems that this boy genius can't catch a break as he's dear mother comes down with a illness that will take her life."

The screen then flashes to kokichi sitting at the edge of a bed, holding the hand of a sickly woman.

"his dear mother left him one final gift before she passed. She gave him a dog that he named cheakers."

The screen flashes to kokichi holding a black puppy with the same neckerchief as him.

"once his mother died he indulgence himself in chess tournament after chess tournament earning him the title of ultimate chess player."

The screen flashed to kokichi holding a trophy.

"but isn't it just sad that his only companion is a cute pouch? Wouldn't it be a shame if something bad was to happen to it."

The screen went blank. I sat there frozen in shock.

"t-that's terrible" I managed to say.

"I know" kaito was trembling with anger "that kid spent his whole life being isolated and even lost his own mother and now this basturds trying to take the only thing he has left!"

"but he's not alone kaito he has us" I said reassuringly.

Kaito took a deep breath "yeah your right sidekick thanks"

"right about what kaito" we jumped at kokichi voice.

"Umm ahh nothing sidekick!" kaito said stumbling over his words "what are you doing here?"

"I need help" kokichi said nervously "rantaros trying to break into makis room!"

"that therp! First he starts shit in the dinning hall and now he's bothering the girls! Don't worry kokichi I'll handle this" with that kaito took off.

At makis room

"Come on just let me in. If you're not hiding anything then it should be no problem." rantaro said smirking

"that's not the problem it's an invasion of privacy. Now unless you want to die I suggest you back off."

"you heard the lady back off!" kaito said charging up to him.

"tch you always got to play the hero don't you?" rantaro sighed. "oh well I'll find out what she's hiding eventually." flashing us a playful grin he walked off.

"there you go maki-roll no need to thank me its what I do" kaito said confidently.

"I wasn't going to thank you." maki said coldly "I could have handled it without the interruption." she then walked off before he could reply.

What an ungrateful girl!

"wow kaito your amazing!" kokichi said trying to cheer him up. It worked as kaito grinned and ruffled his hair.

"thanks kichi but I couldn't have done anything if you hadn't gotten me so I think you're amazing" kokichi blushed at kaito comment.

"right who's up for some grub I'm starving" the two of us nodded and headed down to the dining hall.