Chapter 10

Shuichis pov

"kokichi" kaito yelled out in shock. Kokichi immediately sat up and rubbed his head.

"owie" he muttered

"your alive!" kaito scooped the boy up into his arms.

"yeah but my head hurts like crazy" kokichi mumbled laying his bleeding head on kaitos shoulder.

Rantaro walked in and signed "and here I was hoping for a double kill how boring!"

Kaito stood up angrily "what! You want to say that again you son of a-"

"that's enough kaito!" maki said as level headed as ever "kokichi needs first aid"

"yeah your right" kaito calmed his breathing and smiled at the half conscious boy in his arms. "come on kichi I'll carry you too the nurses office."

In the nurses office

Maki was busy applying bandages to kokichi head while kaito held his hand.

"now you just tell us if the bandaging is too tight ok kichi" kaito said softly.

"mmm ok" kokichi muttered

"alright all done" maki said "he'll be fine as long as he rests"

"thanks maki-roll"

"don't call me that!"

"kokichi how did you hurt yourself like that?" I asked conserned.

"I fell through the floorbourds" kokichi replied. The floorbourds shouldn't be that easy to fall through. I may have to look into that.

"hey kichi" kaito said gently stroking the boy hair "you know what happened me wasn't your fault. I'm just kinda sick"

"will you get better?" kokichi asked tearfully.

"of course I will! With the right medication I'll be right as rain"

"then that's all the more reason we need to get out of here." I spoke up.

Kaito smiled at me."thanks sidekick but don't strain yourself for my sake."

"like hell I won't strain myself" I yelled before exiting the room.

I made a promise to myself. I was going to find a way out of here and get the medication my friend that he so desperately needs. For now I should probably look into the floorbourd kokichi fell through.

I found the floorbourd and not only was it unstable it also had a blade stuck to it! Is this how tenko died.

After a while the announcement went off signaling that it was time for the class trial.

I met kaito and maki in the hallway. Kaito was carrying a half conscious kokichi on his back.

"tch I wish they'd just let the poor kid rest but Monokuma insisted that he takes part!" kaito said looking worried.

"don't worry kaito I'll try to wrap this up as quickly as possible"

He smiled weakly "thanks sidekick"

With that the three of us plus kokichi walked to the trail grounds

After the trail

We found out that the killer was korekiyo the guy that suggested the seance in the first place. And he did it for the messed up reason of sending her spirit to his dead sister. I can't believe a freak like him had been among us this entire time! I was kinda happy when that monster finally got executed.

After that rantaro went on to talk about how exciting the trail was, kaito got angry at him, himiko started crying and maki comferted her which was kinda surprising seeing as the girl only seems to care about herself.

I sighed and turned to kaito "I'm ready for one hell of a workout"

Kaito stopped yelling and grinned at me "sounds good sidekick! How about we invite maki and himiko to help get their minds off of things." good old kaito. He's always thinking of others

"ok"

"alright then let's go!"