Chapter 16

Kaitos pov

I sat on the floor gripping my arm in pain. Sometimes I even have to ask myself why I have to act the damn hero! What did it get me? Just an arrow in the arm! Oh and did I mention these arrows are filled with poison!? On the bright side it's a slow acting poison and right at this moment makis running to get an antidote.

Kokichi was cuddled into my side sobbing. It really hurt to see kokichi upset and it was a different hurt from when shuichi and maki were upset. It felt like my heart was being ripped in two. I never want kokichi to feel hurt in every way. What is this feeling? Oh yeah it's the feeling of poison running through my vains.

Thankfully after a couple of minutes maki came with the antidote.

"kaito I can't hand it to you from here so you have to catch it ok"

I nodded and got ready to catch it but before I could rantaro stood up and grabbed it from me.

"did you really think the ultimate surviver was going to lay down and die like a dog?" he held the bottle to his lips. "no I'm going to live and you my dear astronaut are going to di-"

"Noooo"

Kokichi tackled the boy and ripped the antidote out of his grip.

"you little shit!"

"here kaito drink the antidote before-ack!"

Rantaro pushed the boy to the ground and started punching him repeatedly.

"stay! Out! Of! My! Way!" rantaro said punching the poor boy with each word.

I quickly drank the antidote and ran to help my friend but before I could do anything maki shot a arrow in rantaros head killing him instantly.

"maki what have you done!?" I yelled.

"relax rantaro was obviously the mastermind so-"

"a body has been discovered!"

We turned pale at the announcement. Do I really have to sacrifice a friend?

Kokichi stood up. His face was all kinds of messed up from rantaros attack but even that couldn't hide the determined look in his eyes.

"don't worry I won't let maki die. She killed rantaro for my sake so there's no way I'll let her die"

"Well it's alright for you to say that but how exactly do you plan to save me?"

He smiled mysteriously "simple! I'll just ask Monokuma."