Chapter 3

(this is kinda what I'd imagine ultimate chess player kokichi to look like)

Keades pov

We made it to the manhole that gonta described. He lifted the manhole cover and sure enough there was a underground tunnel. We all rushed down excited at the chance of escape only to be crushed with dispear once we saw the traps.

"what the hell are those!?"

"Hmm looks like a security system "

"tch I guess it couldn't have been that easy."

"damnit!"

Kokichi walked up and inspected the traps.

"I think if some of us act like pawns then a group could get out and look for help." kokichi stated.

"kokichi what did we say about calling people pawns" kaito scolded him lightly. Honestly he sounded like his older brother.

"you misunderstand" kokichi stuck his hand in the lazer trap. He pulled back and hissed in pain. "they hurt but they are not deadly. If some of us acted as pawns then a group could escape."

"well if you're so insistent about this little plan then how about you do it" tenko said glaring at the checkered boy. He simply nodded.

"I shall be the pawn if you want me too" kokichi walked forward but I quickly grabbed him by the arm. He looked up at me in confusion.

"no one's going to be a pawn kokichi. We'll all get out of here together!"

"that seems unlikely to succeed" kokichi said doubtfully

"sure it will! This isn't a game of chess kokichi we're people and when we put our minds to it anythings possible!" kokichi looked unconvinced but he nodded and said he'd go along with it.

We ran through the traps and failed again

"come on guys we can do it."

And again

"we just gotta keep trying!"

And again

"OK guys third times the char-"

"shut the hell up" rantaro glared at me. "I've had it up to here with your idiotic behaviour. You've ran everyone here to the point of exhaustion and you still insist on trying again as if somethings going to change. Did you really think that our captors would make it this easy to escape? You really are a idiotic girl" my eyes stung with tears at his cruel words.

"hey don't talk to keade like that" shuichi said standing in front of me protectively.

"if I wanted a spineless cowereds opinion I would have asked you sooner" rantaro said making shuichi shrink down.

"what the fuck man" kaito yelled.

Before things could get to heated kokichi spoke up.

"shall we try my idea then?" Rantaro scoffed at the boy.

"sure your idea is smarter but how do you plan to choose a group to escape? And how do you know that they won't just abandoned us once they escape?"

"good point! Perhaps we should wait a few days to figure out who would be most suitable to look for help" kokichi replied. Rantaro scoffed again

"you think you could figure out a person's true motives are in just a few days?"

"yes I quite good at telling when a person is laying" kokichi said smiling cutely. This answer seemed to anger the green haired boy.

"your all living in a fantasy world. Well I'll be over here in the real world if you need me" with that he walks away casually.

"are you ok keade?" shuichi asked worriedly.

"yeah thanks for sticking up for me" I said smiling at the shy detective.

"no problem" shuichi smiled back. I turned to kokichi who looked troubled.

"sorry kichi I guess the chess tournament will have to wait"

"it would seem so" kokichi muttered

"but don't worry! I promise I'll get everyone out of here no matter what it takes!" kokichi smiled in response. Great now everyone's in high spirits again. Now there's only one question left to answer

How the heck are we going to escape?