Chapter 6

Shuichis pov

I woke up this morning with bags under my eyes. I could barely sleep. The image of keades hanging body haunted me. Seeing as I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep again I got up and walked to the dining hall.

The dining hall was deadly silent. Well except for kokichi who was waving his arms excitedly.

"shuichi come play chess with me! Everyone else is too upset to play and kaitos not even trying" kokichi pouted.

"Well with what happened yesterday I can't blame them" I muttered.

"yes but playing a strategy base game is the best way to take your mind off bad things like that"

kokichi sure is a weird kid but he's trying his hardest to cheer everyone up so I smiled and took a seat opposite him.

"alright let's play"

We played a half hour game before kokichi beat me.

"well kokichi you win. Don't know what I was expecting. There's no way anyone would ever beat the ultimate chess player."

"don't say that! Nothing impossible if you try hard enough!" kaito said slamming his fist on the table. "in fact I'll show you the true meaning of hard work. Kokichi! I challenge you to another game!"

"but I already beat you 37 times" 37 times!

"well I'm feeling lucky on number 38!"kaito examined.

Kokichi sighed." your so stubborn but I find that a somewhat endearing trate. Very well let's go."

"alright!"

After five minutes kokichi won the match.

"kaito your not even trying to think your moves through" kokichi scolded.

"I'm sorry I will this time I promise!"

But before they had a chance to, rantaro burst through the door with a happy grin on his face.

"oh last night was amazing! And here I was afraid things were going to stay boring!"

He was so happy dispite what we saw last night.

"you son of a bitch! A innocent girl got massacred last night. That what counts as entertainment in your sick head" kaito yelled angrily.

"oh the purest kind" rantaro grinned "and what do you mean innocent? She murdered someone. She got what was coming to her"

"basturd" kaito ran to rantaro only to be shopped by kokichi.

"stop kaito using your fists is unsportman like! Don't become an animal for his sake!"

Kaito took a few deep angry breaths "I'm going to go let off some steam. You guys coming?"we nodded and left the room.

*outside*

Kaito ranted angrily while I hugged my knees as tears ran down my cheeks. How could he say such cruel things about her!?

Kokichi watched us quietly before clearing his throat."you must not let this get to you! Rantaro is the kind of person who says things simply to get a reaction and you two are his biggest targets."

"how can I! He said she deserved to die" I sobbed loudly.

Kaito wrapped his arms around me and gently rocked me. "easy sidekick. I know what he said was unforgivable but kokichis right we can't let him get to us cause what he said isn't true! Keade didn't deserve to die and thanks to her sacrifice we're still alive so for her sake we've gotta keep going"

I wiped my tears. "your right thanks kaito"

"of course I'm right! Now how does a morning workout sound?"

"sounds great" I said and kokichi nodded.

As long as I have my friends with me I feel like I'll be okay.