Chapter 8

Kaitos pov

I was walking with kokichi to the gymnasium. Himiko was hosting a magic show. I was supposed to walk with shuichi too but he went on without us so it's just me and kokichi.

I desided that we needed to talk about what was in the motive video but I'm going to do it in a not obvious way to avoid upsetting him too much.

"so kichi do you happen to have any pets?" I asked.

He looked up at me in surprise "why yes I have a dog that my mother gave me before she died"

"oh your mothers dead? I didn't know that" I tryed to sound surprised but kokichi caught on.

"it was in my motive video wasn't it?" I jumped back at the question. "I got shuichis, shuichi got yours so it makes sense that you got mine."

"wow that's pretty smart" I muttered.

"not that being smart has done me much good" kokichi said sadly. He must be referring to the abuse he suffered from his classmates.

"hey! Those asshole were just jealous" I said reassuringly

"jealous? Of what?" kokichi asked confused.

"Of you dummy! Your a genius kid! There's several people who'd give there right arm to be as talented as you including me! I'm an idiot who has to use his fists for his battles. But you can always think things through. Your amazing kokichi!"

Kokichi wrapped his arms around my waist, sobbing lightly.

"I've never had anyone say such nice things to me" he was shaking with sobs. I bent down and gently wiped his tears away.

"calm down baby your going to make your glasses steam up" he giggled and wiped his tears away.

"I'm feeling better now kaito! Let's go watch the magic show."

We walked into the gymnasium to see shuichi talking with kiibo. So that's where he disappeared to. He looked up at us and waved.

"hey guys" shuichi said nervously.

"hey sidekick! Are you excited for the magie show." I said throwing an arm around my friend.

"yeah"

"kokichi are you ok? You look like you've been crying" kiibo said worryingly.

"I'm ok kaito cheered me up" kokichi smiled.

"ah that's good"

Shuichi pulled me to the side."why was kokichi upset?"

I sighed. "he found out about the motive video" shuichi looked shocked.
"but don't worry I cheered him up and now the we're all going to have a great time watching this magic show."

Shuichi smiled. "ok"

The three of us sat down together as the magic show began. Himiko explained the trick in her usual monotone voice and then it began. We waited for himiko to escape from her seemingly impossible trap. Minutes went by and still nothing. We were starting to get worried. Tenko, unable to wait any longer pulled the sheets away to reveal ryoma getting eaten alive by pharanas! Why did this have to happen again!

Time skip

Shuichis pov

The trail went by without any problems well except for rantaro who kept pointing the finger at himiko.

The killer ending up being kirumi. Everyone was shocked of course. I mean kirumi was the most caring person ever. Her execution was painful to say the least.

Kokichi couldn't even watch instead opting to hide his face in kaitos chest. This must hurt kokichi alot. The woman treated kokichi like a son and seeing as kokichi had lost his own mother - damn it!

Rantaro tirled around and said loudly.

"everyone I have an announcement it's about maki and her little secret"

Maki quickly pinned the boy down and put him in a hold.

"do you want to die" maki growled

"heh you'd like that wouldn't you miss ultimate assassin!" rantaro smirked.

Ultimate assassin!?