Chapter 9

Shuichis pov

The news that maki was the ultimate assassin was both shocking and terrifying considering the situation we're in. But me, kaito and kokichi dicided that we should keep maki as a friend. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as they say. Besides I'd trust an assassin ten times more than I would trust rantaro amami. At least maki doesn't look like she's enjoying this killing game.

Anyway we were sitting at the table chatting when korekiyo came up to us proposing that we do a seance with him.

"sounds fun. What is a seance anyway?" kaito asked.

"why it's the sommoning of spirits of course" korekiyo replied

"g-g-ghousts" kaito stumbled back in shock.

"your not afraid are you?" maki said smirking

"of course not! Sommoning spirits sounds like a party! Let's go sidekicks" kaito walked off confidently but I could see his legs shaking.

Kiibo pulled on my sleeve. "Umm shuichi can I do the seance with you?

"of course you can" his eyes lit up with excitement. God he's such a cutie. I hope one day I can build of the courage to confess.

At the seance

Everything seemed to be going well. We set the candles up and tenko even offered to do the ritual in  to impress himiko. But then the lights shut off. Everyone ran around frantic. I even heard kaito scream something about ghosts.

Once the lights came back on I saw kaito hugging a bright red kokichi.

"ahh the spirits are angry! I knew this was a bad idea I knew it!"

"Umm kaito the light are back on you can let go now" kokichi said looking flustered.

"we're gonners! Gonners I tell you!"

"kaito let go" kokichi push him off but once he did kaito coughed up blood. I looked at him horrifyed.

"kaito are you-"

"I'm fine" kaito cut me off "I just need some fresh air" with that he walked out

Kokichi eyes were brimming with tears "it's all my fault" the boy sobbed "I hurt everyone I love. I'M NOTHING BUT A DESEISE!" kokichi ran out of the room sobbing.

"kokichi wait!"

"let him go" maki said simply "we have a murder to solve."

My blood ran cold "a murder?"

She pointed to himiko who was now sobbing in the arms of a now dead tenko.

After the investigation

I saw kaito standing in the hallway looking out of breath.

"hey kaito you feeling alright?"

"yeah I'm alright it just happens sometimes" how the hell does coughing up blood just happen!?

"so did you hear about the murder?" maki asked

"yeah I can't believe another one happened" kaito muttered angrily "wait a minute! Where's kokichi?" kaitos face filled with dread. He probably thought kokichi was the murder victim.

"he ran off. He was pretty upset when you coughed up blood" I explained.

"shit we gotta go find him!"

So we begun our search for kokichi and we found him. Lying in a pool of his own blood.