Chapter 17

Kokichis pov

"Monokuma!" I yelled at the top of my voice "I have an offer for you!"

Monokuma appeared out of thin air. "ohh an offer what could it be?"

"I'd like to play a game with you. Everyone already knows maki killed rantaro so instead of doing rantaros trail how about we try to figure out the masterminds identity. If you win you can execute maki but if we win you have to execute yourself"

"ohh sounds interesting but what's in it for me?" Monokuma asked "I can execute maki any time I wanted so it's not much of a reward"

"like I said everyone already knows makis the killer. If we were to hold a trail it would be over in mere seconds. Surely your viewers would not be happy with such a boring episode. Not to mention your ratings will go down. Honestly I'm the one doing you a favour".

Monokuma thought about it for a second "Well it's definitely a new and interesting idea and such high risks in stack for me. I like it! Alright you go tell the others about our agreement and I'll open all the doors so you can explore till your hearts content. Toodles." with that he disappeared.

" kokichi! "I jumped at the sudden voice. I turned around to see shuichi. "why were you making deals with Monokuma?"

"ahh I suppose I have some explaining to do. Can you please gather everyone in the dinning hall so I can explain to everyone." he nodded still looking confused and ran off to get the others.

*in the dinning hall*

I stood up in front of everyone. They are looked at me expectingly. I took a deep breath.

"Well to start things off maki killed rantaro"

There were gasps from the others. I cleared my throat to get there attention.

"I made a deal with Monokuma. If we can find out who the mastermind is then makis life will be spared and we can all leave. I don't think you really need to ask what will happen if we can't"

"aww kichi your amazing!" kaito said scooping me into a hug. I blushed deeply. Kaito always makes me feel so good.

Suichi stood up "alright guys no time for dilly dallying makis life's at stack here. We need to find the mastermind no matter what!"

We all nodded and begun our investigation.

Shuichis pov

"and the mastermind is... You tsmugi!" I pointed to the bluenett. All the evidence pointed to her and the fact that keade didn't commit a murder in the first place. Damn it! Why couldn't I have figured this out sooner!

"puhuhu" tsmugi laughed transforming into junko before sprouting some Dispair nonsense and walking off to her execution.

Dispite having to watch another execution I had hope in my heart. "This is it" I told myself "this nightmare is finally over. I go back home and no one else has to di-"

Suddenly kaito started coughing up blood. A dangerous amount of blood. He turned a deathly white colour and collapsed onto the floor.

"kaito. KAITO!!!"