Chapter 14

Shuichis pov

We walked in to the dining hall to find rantaro holding a bomb with a sadistic grin on his face.

"so tell me who wants to survive together"

"huh!?"

"the killing game won't end until the students are knocked down to two so who wants to survive with me?"

I took a step back in shock. He couldn't be serious! There's no way he'd do that just to end the killing game!

"I can't" I said shakenly "there's no way I can leave kiibo and the others"

Kiibo smiled and squeezed my hand "same here"

"yeah I plan to save everyone not just survive with one person" kaito said confidently.

"neah I'm scared to die but I don't want to lose my friends either" himiko said.

"me too" tmugi said.

"I agree. There's no way I'd want to survive with scum like you" maki said coldly.

All that was left was kokichi. We all looked at him expectingly.

"Well the statigic thing to do would be to accept his offer but" he clung to kaitos arm. "I think I should follow my heart and stay with kaito" keep saying things like that and people will think your in love!

Rantaro grinned sadisticly at us "brilliant you all passed!"

"passed?" I questioned

"yes! I was never going to go through with the bomb thing I mean how boring would that be!"

"boring!?" kaito said trying to hold back his anger.

"anyways catch" he threw weird looking mallets at us. "miu invented them when she was still alive. They're able to break down any electrical mechines so those traps in the underground tunnel shouldn't be a problem."

My eyes lit up with hope. We can escape! I should have known that rantaro had an alternate motive.

Once we reached the end of the tunnel there was a hugh locked door. Rantaro stood in front of the door and smirked.

"alright everyone I'm going to tell you some things about the killing game that you don't already know"

Then he went on to tell us how this whole killing game was a super popular TV series and we all signed up for it. I couldn't believe it. We did this to ourselves!

"haha that's the faces I wanted to see. The faces of utter Dispair." rantaro laughed "say did I ever tell you what my ultimate was?"

"you said you forgot" I muttered.

"Well I lied" he said in a care-free tone "the truth is I'm the ultimate survivor"

Ultimate survivor?

"I was in a killing game last year and managed to survive it but it wasn't enough! I missed it all the mystery, the death, the Dispair ohhh the Dispair" he say it like it's a happy memory!

"so I signed up for the part of antagonist so I could cause as much dispair to you guys as possible and oh did you guys deliver! I had even more fun in this killing game then the last! Thanks for living up to my expectations."

"you son of a b-" kaito was cut off by a robot grabbing him and knocking him out.

"anyway its been a while anyone killed and I'm getting bored! So if a killing doesn't start soon kaito here will die from his illness."

"no please you can't!" I said desperately.

"don't try to convince me this is the way things are. So if you care about your friend I suggest you start killing"

With that he walked away with my best friend and there was nothing I could do.

Damn it! I feel so useless!