Chapter 12

Kokichis pov

I wandered aimlessly around the school. I was alone since shuichi was spending time with his new boyfriend, kaito was feeling sick and maki insisted on hunting down rantaro after he stole the key that Monokuma tried to use as motive. After a while of wandering about I saw gonta sitting by himself. Thinking he was lonely like me I approached him.

"hey gonta. Are you feeling lonely by yourself?"

"gonta not by himself. Gonta have bugs." he showed me his hands which were filled with bugs.

I stepped back in shock. I had a pretty bad phobia of bugs but I knew how seriously the jungle boy took his bugs so I swallowed my fear and faked a smile.

"I see. It's just like how I don't feel lonely while I'm playing a game of chess. Would you like to play with me?"

"gonta not know how to play chess but gonta try his best"

He was completely right. He had no idea how to play the game and he didn't know his own strength so he nearly broke the chess pieces several times.

"gonta sorry he no good at chess. Gonta not very smart boy" gonta said tearfully.

"it's alright gonta" I said reassuringly "actually your strategy skills from being in the wild is very impressive! I think if you learned the rules then you'd make a fantastic chess player. You may even be able to rival me."

"does kokichi mean that?" I nodded.

Gonta smiled, picked my up and gave me a tight hug. I was glad he felt better but he was kinda crushing my bones!

"alright you two enough of the gay sex party" miu rudely interrupted us. "come to my labratory. I've created the greatest VR experience your ever see!"