Chapter 15

Kokichis pov

I walked up to the cell where rantaro was keeping kaito. Shuichi and the others visited kaito with the promise that they'll get him out but I didn't want to leave kaito not even for a minute.

"why are you still here brat?" rantaro asked irritating "don't tell me your planning on breaking him out"

"no nothing so foolish" I replied "I'm simply here to ask you to lock me in there with him"

"you want to be locked in that dark scary cell" rantaro said amused.

"yes it is scary but that's why I don't want kaito to be in there alone"

He started at me for a second "you really are a strange boy. Well no complaints here two hostages are better than one"

Before I could answer rantaro grabbed me by the arm and threw me into the cell.

"kichi? What are you doing here? Did that basturd grab you too?" kaito immediately attached me with questions.

"no I came here by choice" I replied

"what? Why would you do something so stu-"

He was cut off my me nuzzling into his chest "because I didn't want you to be alone!"

His eyes softened just like they always do when he stops being mad at me. "that's so nice of you kichi" he ran his fingers through my hair. I immediately relaxed at the touch "my sweet little sidekick."

My eyes watered. I had almost forgotten how good he makes me feel. Kaito noticed my tears.

"kichi what's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"I-I-I missed you so much"I sobbed.

He pulled me closer and gently rocked me back and forth.

" shhh kichi that's it its ok I'm not going anywhere I promise." he whispered in my ear and even kissed my wet cheek.

I soon calmed down and we fell asleep in each others arms.

I woke up to a loud bang. I looked up to see kaito trying to kick down the door.

" kaito what are you doing? Your going to get in trouble" I yelled.

"rantaro isn't here so nows our chance."

"ahh then let me help you" I got up and ran to him. He grinned.

"alright sidekick let's knock this door down on three.. Two.. One!"

We rammed the door together and it actually worked! We were free!

The two of us ran towards the exit but it was blocked off by the robot. Rantaro was standing beside it grinning at us.

" did you really think you could escape so easi-ack"

Rantaro was cut off by two arrows hitting him in the back and arm. We looked up at who delivered those arrows and saw...

"maki!"