Retry [4/6]

CW: Blood & Injury, Canon-Typical Violence, Temporary Character Death

~

Chapter Summary:

Izuku (re)makes some friends. Izuku (re)makes some more friends. Izuku (re)makes even more fr- that's too many friends. Put some back. You just (re)made more friends. W-Wait Izuku pleasE-

or: izuku is baby, and he is going to make that everyone else's problem ( :

~

He was thankful for his past self... future self...? Well, he was glad that he'd asked his friends about their pasts so he didn't have to persuade Tsukauchi into some less-than-legal activities to hunt the rest of them down now, so all Izuku had to do was frequent the areas his friends had mentioned and hope that luck was on his side. Kacchan was yet to take him up on his offer to spar and train, but at least the boy seemed to have cooled off a bit and re-evaluated his lifestyle. Izuku tried to meet up with Kirishima and Ashido at least a few times a month, either letting his mum or All Might take him when there were bad villains on the loose and they were worried about him getting attacked. Shinsou's training was coming along nicely, and Izuku usually went to his house at least once a week to do some gentle sparring. All Might would often drop him off to practice with Shouto, deliberately learning Endeavour's schedule and purposefully visiting whenever the horrible man was there to keep him from lashing out. He'd also managed to track down his other future-friends, marvelling over how tiny and adorable all of them were each time.

Izuku had conveniently run into Satou in a store, chatting happily with one another in a way only young kids were able to. Satou had suggested his favourite food and Izuku had eagerly bought a small cake to munch on and share as they exited the shop. The boy had clearly been elated to find someone who got as hyped over food as he was, and soon the topic switched to Quirks. Izuku had shamelessly stated his Quirklessness, gaining an awed sort of smile before they both shared their hopes of becoming heroes, exchanging contact information when they parted to stay in touch.

Hagakure was taking the same train as him, trying to hide behind a raised book but clearly aware of all the stares due to her invisibility. Izuku blinked thoughtfully before settling himself down in the seat next to her, exclaiming his love for the book series and causing both of them to get into an intense discussion over their favourite characters, completely ignoring everything around them. They may have missed their stops, but the friendship gained and Hagakure's cheerful mood made it all worth it.

Shouji had actually been the one to literally run into Izuku, but the circumstances weren't very happy. The boy was trying to make himself look small, tucking his arms tightly against his sides and dipping his head, consequently bumping into Izuku, who spluttered out an automatic apology before realising who it was and brightening up. Shouji's teary eyes widened in surprise when Izuku's first words were complimenting his Quirk, and the faint blush on his cheeks visible behind the mask was equal parts heartbreaking and sweet. After Izuku had finished rambling and subtly making sure his future-friend was a lot happier, he'd proposed they train together because Shouji's arms had so much hugging potential.

Ojirou was in a local park, sticking by the treeline as he practised using his Quirk, twisting around and slamming his tail against the tree trunks, hard enough to make the slimmer ones tremble. He didn't even pause for breath, continuing his relentless attack with angry grunts until Izuku approached and intervened. His tail was covered in scrapes from the rough bark, some cuts deep enough to bleed, and Izuku had persuaded him into sitting down and letting him patch up the injuries. Ojirou was coaxed into venting his irritations while the other boy cleaned and wrapped his tail, and by the end of it he was a lot calmer and relaxed. They promised to be sparring partners before parting ways as it grew late.