Distant Star [8/8]

The final chapter!! Grab some refreshments, get some sleep if you need it, and have fun reading <33

CW: Blood & Injury, Canon-Typical Violence, Angst, Major Character Injury, Temporary Character Death, Hurt/Comfort

~

Chapter Summary:

The family is informed, Izuku and Kacchan have some much-needed bonding time, and the tale draws to a close

~

"This better be important, Kaminari. I'm on patrol," Aizawa's voice came through the phone, but the visuals were too dark to see anything. "Just because I gave you my number, doesn't mean you can call me whenever you want."

There was a pause.

"Kamin-" The screen shed light on Aizawa's face, highlighting his shock. "Midoriy- Problem Child-?"

"...hi, Aizawa-sensei."

*

"Kaminari-kun," Togata greeted without looking at the camera, his gaze fixated elsewhere with the sound of the news in the background. "I just saw you on the news! W-What was all that about, huh? They're saying Midoriya-kun is back – that seems odd, don't you-" He looked at the screen, and his eyes went comically wide- "thi... nk..."

"I-I've heard weirder."

*

"Mon dieu, it's too late to talk," Aoyama complained, slightly muffled, and all that was visible was a tuft of blond hair poking out from beneath the duvet.

"I-I can call back tomorrow-"

"Y'might not, Deku."

"Oh! Oh, you're right, we should probably talk now, because-"

Purple eyes emerged, wide and staring at the camera in disbelief.

*

"Hey, Kami! How you doin'? You've barely called at all recently – whatchu been up to? Have you seen the weird news?" Ashido exclaimed, far too bubbly for nighttime, but then her face dropped into a haunted look. "Wh... This... isn't a funny prank, man-"

"I-It's not a prank, I promise! I don't know if I'm back permanently, so I just wanted to say how much you mean to me, and-"

*

"Kero...?" Tsu croaked sleepily. "Is this important, Kaminari-ch..."

"Sorry for disturbing you, Tsu-chan, b-but I think this is pretty important-"

"M-Midoriya-chan?"

*

The call was ignored three times, denied twice, then finally picked up.

"Kaminari-kun, this is most inappropriate behaviour to disturb a fellow hero so late. If it's not an emergency, please call back at a more reasonable hour tomorrow morni-"

"It's definitely an emergency, Iida-kun," Uraraka piped up, gaining his attention, and he finally noticed the person in the centre of the screen.

Izuku smiled nervously, vision already blurring with tears.

*

"Kaminari-kun, I told you not to call me when I'm trying to sleep," Ojirou sighed, one hand rubbing down his exhausted face. "What's up?"